Watch JFK, there definitely is a Kennedy conspiracy

So I have to begin by saying that I’ve always had the utmost confidence in the American government, aside from the meandering eyes of our nearly honest politicians and the x-rated antics of the occasional cigar-happy president.
After the events of September 11 (I know, blah, blah, blah, it’s been done and done again) my confidence was a bit shaken because I couldn’t quite comprehend how an attack of such a massive scale could have just slipped by, undetected by the probing intelligence of our military expertise and the watchful eye of “big brother.” There were murmurs of mafia conspiracy, but the consensus boiled down to just plain negligence, as devastating as that may be.
Well, last night, I watched the Oliver Stone movie JFK, and I have to tell you, I was absolutely shocked and terrified by what I saw. I don’t know how many of you have seen JFK (Kevin Costner gives a disquieting performance as the DA of New Orleans who is trying to uncover the true conspiracy behind the assassination), but it shifted my whole view of our government, while leaving me so frightened that I won’t even espouse the figments of ideas which have been planted in my mind. I’m going to keep my mouth shut, pay my taxes and refrain from questioning the shadows of men in high places, who know more than I, and for good reason, because I don’t want to end up like the key witnesses in the case, all of whom were mysteriously killed before they could testify.
Then, when Robert Kennedy was about to be elected senator, he was killed as well! (The reasoning was that war is a business, run by our government, and he would seek to end the war like his brother had originally planned.)
Too many coincidences for my little mind, and at the risk of sounding like a paranoid anarchist, all the information exposed in this controversial movie made so much sense when pieced together that now I’m wondering if the John F. Kennedy Jr. plane crash was more than just an accident. We always hear of the plagued Kennedy family, but maybe it was a very planned and governmentally orchestrated plague. Am I the only one who didn’t know about all this? If you think I’m crazy, I urge you to watch Oliver Stone’s JFK. I guarantee it will change everything and leave you too fearful to talk about it.

Whitney Friedrich is a senior majoring in advertising and English.

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

Miami redshirt senior quarterback Malik Rosier was named to the preseason watch list for the Manning ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews revealed Thursday the team's schedule ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...