Watch JFK, there definitely is a Kennedy conspiracy

So I have to begin by saying that I’ve always had the utmost confidence in the American government, aside from the meandering eyes of our nearly honest politicians and the x-rated antics of the occasional cigar-happy president.
After the events of September 11 (I know, blah, blah, blah, it’s been done and done again) my confidence was a bit shaken because I couldn’t quite comprehend how an attack of such a massive scale could have just slipped by, undetected by the probing intelligence of our military expertise and the watchful eye of “big brother.” There were murmurs of mafia conspiracy, but the consensus boiled down to just plain negligence, as devastating as that may be.
Well, last night, I watched the Oliver Stone movie JFK, and I have to tell you, I was absolutely shocked and terrified by what I saw. I don’t know how many of you have seen JFK (Kevin Costner gives a disquieting performance as the DA of New Orleans who is trying to uncover the true conspiracy behind the assassination), but it shifted my whole view of our government, while leaving me so frightened that I won’t even espouse the figments of ideas which have been planted in my mind. I’m going to keep my mouth shut, pay my taxes and refrain from questioning the shadows of men in high places, who know more than I, and for good reason, because I don’t want to end up like the key witnesses in the case, all of whom were mysteriously killed before they could testify.
Then, when Robert Kennedy was about to be elected senator, he was killed as well! (The reasoning was that war is a business, run by our government, and he would seek to end the war like his brother had originally planned.)
Too many coincidences for my little mind, and at the risk of sounding like a paranoid anarchist, all the information exposed in this controversial movie made so much sense when pieced together that now I’m wondering if the John F. Kennedy Jr. plane crash was more than just an accident. We always hear of the plagued Kennedy family, but maybe it was a very planned and governmentally orchestrated plague. Am I the only one who didn’t know about all this? If you think I’m crazy, I urge you to watch Oliver Stone’s JFK. I guarantee it will change everything and leave you too fearful to talk about it.

Whitney Friedrich is a senior majoring in advertising and English.

It was maybe coincidence, but positioned just behind his left shoulder as Tyrique Stevenson spoke ab ...

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled a new turnover chain this season, replacing the bedazzled “U” that han ...

Before now, the last time the Miami Hurricanes scored 21 or fewer points in four consecutive games w ...

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

Miami wraps up its season-opening homestand with a 2 p.m. Saturday matchup against Bethune-Cookman a ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced Thursday the signing of three golfers to N ...