Sports Briefs

Craig Kilborn Show
All Hurricane fans should watch CBS’ “The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn” Wednesday night at 12:35 a.m. (Early Thursday morning). Kilborn will salute the Hurricane football team, picking them to beat Tennessee on Saturday. The set will be decorated with UM paraphernalia, and Kilborn will incorporate his signature comedy segments specifically to Miami. The guests for Wednesday night’s UM salute are actress Peri Giplin, singer/actor Joey Fatone and Melissa Etheridge.

UM Cross Country
University of Miami junior Matt Mulvaney (South Hadley, MA) finished 20th with a time of 24.44 to lead the Hurricanes men’s cross country team to an 11th-place finish (285 points) out of 14 at the Big East Cross Country Championships in Boston, MA.
Mulvaney’s 20th-place finish marked the highest for a UM runner at the Big East Championships. Mulvaney has now been UM’s top finisher in four consecutive races.
The Hurricanes also received a strong performance from senior Dan Boniface (Seattle, WA) who placed 38th completing the 8,000-meter course in a time of 25:30. Freshman Alex Brutvan (Boca Raton, FL/Pope John Paul II), competing in his first Big East Championship, finished 51st with a time of 25:56.
Villanova recorded 39 points to win the Big East title for the first time since 1993. Providence finished second (49 points) while Georgetown took third (55 points).
The UM women’s cross country team did not fare as well. Senior Melissa Norris (Pembroke Pines, FL/Flanagan) finished 71st with a time of 23:44 to lead the University of Miami women’s cross country team to a 13th-place finish (397 points) at the Big East Cross Country Championships in Boston, MA.
Notre Dame (69 points) won its first Big East Championships finishing one point ahead of Georgetown (70 points).
The Hurricanes had seven runners finish in the top-100 including sophomore Marilyn Ruiz who finished 78th (24:21), senior Patricia Pearson who finished 80th (24:29), junior Christian Delgadillo who placed 83rd (24:56), senior Terria Madiso who finished 85th (25:01), senior Saraque Whittaker who placed 87th (25:13) and freshman Melanie Schultz who finished 90th (25:34).

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

University of Miami true freshman quarterback Jarren Williams was not at practice on Tuesday morning ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ The Hurricanes, who began the offseason with five highly sk ...

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...