Global warming a concern, not penis enlargements

The majority of man-made global warming is produced by hot air from the mouths of humans. Special interest groups and capitalists are the players in this game of selling out environmental issues in the name of progress. The crisis of energy sparks many critical questions like how it is used, where it may be obtained, what method should be used to produce it, why it is important and how much is really there.
Once again, as with many issues, the central paradigm is the “haves” and the “have-nots.” There are basically two kinds of energy: renewable and the kind that takes many millions of years to be produced from organic matter. Our kids WILL have to deal with this. The “super-power society” that has the potential to make great advancements in environmental technology has not lived up to its potential. The excuses exonerated dance from the embarrassment of our hydro-electric push that wiped out ecosystems. . . to the All-American, Oil-Addicted Detroit lobbyists who have moved their factories to less prosperous countries for better profits. . . to the fear that renewable energy won’t be as easily taxable as imported oil from a politically unstable region.
Stop. Take a moment and pretend that you are trying to explain the history of humans and their “need” for energy to an intelligent alien (stay with me here). A society with enough time on its hands to invent the technology for penis enlargements and breast reductions for women with implants does not have the time for, say, solar-powered mopeds? Do we honestly believe that no technology exists to invent small-motored bikes for short-term use that only require enough energy to get a student to school? The all-powerful Modern Man (or Woman) can’t figure this one out. I am no expert. I just don’t understand. And I am tired of being represented by the wrong people for the wrong things. All I want is a cheap moped that I don’t have to fill up with gas every week. Is that too much to ask?

Alex Saleeby is a junior majoring in art.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...