SPIKED PUNCH: Liquor up your body with these peppered garments

You’re not gonna find a bowl of the tainted red stuff here. There’s nothing about drinking, punch, and partying. If you want that go find yourself at a tedious frat party and drown in a bowl of jungle juice. But if you want some kickass “punch” in your wardrobe, check out up-and-coming fashion label Spiked Punch, currently known only to a small group of loyalists. Punch is an esoteric garment for fashion mavens who can care less about magazine cutouts and runway styles, and focus more on idiosyncrasy and creativity. You’ll find yourself digging through the screened graphic designs that include the mad-looking signature “juggie bear,” who’s never illustrated without his alcohol and a prominence of eccentric militant designs, edging on a punk-rock attitude.

The ingenious mind behind this growing label is Daniel St. George, a 24 year-old painter and former Robert Lee Morris jewelry art director. No large, corporate design team is behind Spiked Punch-St. George is the singular designer. He just likes to consider himself a “painter,” and deems himself to be somewhere in between an artist and a fashion designer. Put it this way: his work is too artsy to be graphic, and too graphic for fine arts.

Though he was a military child growing up during the Gulf War, there is no political significance in his designs: he claims that he is just trying to work out some personal things with his past that encompass the militaristic images. While working at Robert Lee Morris, St. George developed a greater interest in fashion and began working with printmaking, which finally led him to develop the idea of creating his own clothing line.

“[Spiked Punch] is an expression of who I am,” says St. George. ” Instead of creating art on canvas and other media, I decide to do it on clothing.”

It’s about taking normality and ordinariness and changing them slightly by reinventing them. His designs are limited to T-shirts and he is currently working on “cut-and-sew hoodies.” Some regard his work as “ugly cute,” meaning that the icons or designs are ugly in nature, like the bear images, but create a cute fa

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ If you ever wondered what the Hurricanes would look like if ...

Demetrius Jackson has come through again for his Overtown neighborhood. For the second year in a row ...

Days after praising Mark Richt, Clemson grad transfer quarterback Kelly Bryant has canceled his Frid ...

Mark Richt kept his word. On Thursday, two days before the Miami Hurricanes defeated Virginia Tech 3 ...

The season is evaporating before our eyes. And nothing made that more obvious than University of Mia ...

Erin Kobetz, director of Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Firefighter Cancer Initiative, disc ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced Thursday the signing of three golfers to N ...