News Briefs

Tonight
Tangle your spirits into One, part of a series of underground parties, at an undisclosed location at 84 NW 42 Street. The organizers promise MCs (Kronos, Manuvers, Aditro) and live performances by Soulflower, Lifestrung, Libr-a-liance and Evolver, as well as free massages, drinks and “special snacks.” Cover is $5 per person or $4 per head with groups of two or more. It starts at 9 p.m. Hit up 305-751-0355 for more info.

Electroclash 2002 U.S. Tour collides into the Polish American Club, 1250 NW 22nd Ave., Miami. Check out the trashy, sassy and sexually brazen shows by Peaches, Chicks on Speed and Tracy and the Plastics. Doors open at 10 p.m. and tickets are $17 in advance, $20 the day of the show. Call 305-634-3907.

Ladytron member Reuben Wu spins for Revolver at Soho Lounge, 175 NE 36th, Miami. 11 p.m. $9. Hit up www.clubrevolver.com.

Zero video premiere at Control Skatepark, 2134 NW Miami Ct., Miami. There are two showings, 5 and 9 p.m., then get wild at the afterparty. Call 305-576-9012.

Saturday, November 1
Phish fans might want to flock to Pompano Beach Amphitheatre, 1806 NE Sixth St., Pompano Beach, and watch a performance by the group’s frontman, Trey Anastasio. It’s $35 and doors open at 7 p.m. Call 954-946-2402.

Guzzle down a gallon of your favorite margarita, then go see Jimmy Buffet strum his guitar on stage at Nikki Beach Club, 1 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach, as part of a benefit for Overtown Youth Center. It’s at 8 p.m., though a buffet and cocktails will be served at 6 p.m. Call 305-476-0095, ext. 101.

Sunday, November 3
Singer/songwriter Mark Eitzel plays a solo acoustic show with opening acts, Maria Marocka and Poulain at the Polish American Club, 1250 NW 22nd Ave., Miami. Buy tickets in advance at Books & Books in Coral Gables or at Blue Note Records in North Miami Beach. Doors open 7:30 p.m. Call 305-634-3907.

Monday, November 4
Wilco croons their soulful tunes at Carefree Theatre, 2000 S. Dixie Hwy., West Palm Beach, starting at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $25.

Tuesday, November 5
Eight Legged Freaks at the Cosford Cinema-time tba.

The Gino DiMare era for the Miami Hurricanes couldn’t have started any better. In DiMare’s first gam ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The Shelley family shares their story of four generations at the University of Miami. ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team is a Lisa Leslie Center of the Year Aw ...