News Briefs

Tonight
Tangle your spirits into One, part of a series of underground parties, at an undisclosed location at 84 NW 42 Street. The organizers promise MCs (Kronos, Manuvers, Aditro) and live performances by Soulflower, Lifestrung, Libr-a-liance and Evolver, as well as free massages, drinks and “special snacks.” Cover is $5 per person or $4 per head with groups of two or more. It starts at 9 p.m. Hit up 305-751-0355 for more info.

Electroclash 2002 U.S. Tour collides into the Polish American Club, 1250 NW 22nd Ave., Miami. Check out the trashy, sassy and sexually brazen shows by Peaches, Chicks on Speed and Tracy and the Plastics. Doors open at 10 p.m. and tickets are $17 in advance, $20 the day of the show. Call 305-634-3907.

Ladytron member Reuben Wu spins for Revolver at Soho Lounge, 175 NE 36th, Miami. 11 p.m. $9. Hit up www.clubrevolver.com.

Zero video premiere at Control Skatepark, 2134 NW Miami Ct., Miami. There are two showings, 5 and 9 p.m., then get wild at the afterparty. Call 305-576-9012.

Saturday, November 1
Phish fans might want to flock to Pompano Beach Amphitheatre, 1806 NE Sixth St., Pompano Beach, and watch a performance by the group’s frontman, Trey Anastasio. It’s $35 and doors open at 7 p.m. Call 954-946-2402.

Guzzle down a gallon of your favorite margarita, then go see Jimmy Buffet strum his guitar on stage at Nikki Beach Club, 1 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach, as part of a benefit for Overtown Youth Center. It’s at 8 p.m., though a buffet and cocktails will be served at 6 p.m. Call 305-476-0095, ext. 101.

Sunday, November 3
Singer/songwriter Mark Eitzel plays a solo acoustic show with opening acts, Maria Marocka and Poulain at the Polish American Club, 1250 NW 22nd Ave., Miami. Buy tickets in advance at Books & Books in Coral Gables or at Blue Note Records in North Miami Beach. Doors open 7:30 p.m. Call 305-634-3907.

Monday, November 4
Wilco croons their soulful tunes at Carefree Theatre, 2000 S. Dixie Hwy., West Palm Beach, starting at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $25.

Tuesday, November 5
Eight Legged Freaks at the Cosford Cinema-time tba.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...

Junior averaged 11.4 points and 6.7 rebounds per game last season. ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

A duo of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes advanced through to the Round of 16 ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...