Entertainment calendar

Tonight

Afrocentria III presents an open mic and performance slam at the Rock on campus starting at 8 p.m. The show’s open to everyone and free African soul food will be served, so seek out those ill lyrics and get up on the mic.

Kid Koala spins on the one and twos and showcases his tight remixes at Power Studios, 3701 NE Second Ave., Miami. The second room will also feature DJs Bobby D, Induce, Karakter, MTA and Polaris. Doors open at 10 p.m. and tickets are $10 in advance, $12 at the door. The show’s 21 and over kiddies, sorry. Call 305-634-3907.

For you Mexicano lovers, check out rock band Mana at the Miami Arena, 721 NW First Ave., Miami, at 8 p.m. Tickets are $40-$70. Call 305-530-4400.

Saturday, October 26
Dissident rappers Dead Prez perform with Algorithm, Illanoiz and Hood Rykers at the Hard Rock Caf

Alumna Diana Donnarumma received a multi-organ transplant and is now working to help others who suff ...

Renovations to the School of Architecture’s library doubled its footprint, offering students a place ...

Through Project MMAGIC, assistant professor of psychology Sannisha Dale will analyze how snide comme ...

Craving a good deli sandwich, four students from New York launch NY Deli, a small business featured ...

A reflection on the unparalleled career of a true public servant, a man respected across the country ...

Freshmen Kenza Salgues and Moulayna Johnson Sidi Baba, UM's two newest international players, a ...

Head women's basketball coach Katie Meier and the Miami Hurricanes hosted 135 local fans for th ...

Kristyna Frydlova cards five eagles, while a trio of Canes finish top-10. ...

Miami enters the final round in third, while a trio of Canes rank among the top-15 individuals. ...

The Hurricanes came up short in a 28-21 overtime loss to Georgia Tech on Saturday. As they turn thei ...