Culture

Entertainment calendar

Tonight

Afrocentria III presents an open mic and performance slam at the Rock on campus starting at 8 p.m. The show’s open to everyone and free African soul food will be served, so seek out those ill lyrics and get up on the mic.

Kid Koala spins on the one and twos and showcases his tight remixes at Power Studios, 3701 NE Second Ave., Miami. The second room will also feature DJs Bobby D, Induce, Karakter, MTA and Polaris. Doors open at 10 p.m. and tickets are $10 in advance, $12 at the door. The show’s 21 and over kiddies, sorry. Call 305-634-3907.

For you Mexicano lovers, check out rock band Mana at the Miami Arena, 721 NW First Ave., Miami, at 8 p.m. Tickets are $40-$70. Call 305-530-4400.

Saturday, October 26
Dissident rappers Dead Prez perform with Algorithm, Illanoiz and Hood Rykers at the Hard Rock Caf

University of Miami students share their thoughts and impressions as President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris take the helm. ...

Following Wednesday’s historic event, University of Miami experts in various fields provide their insight on the biggest challenges facing the new administration. ...

As part of the “Roadmap to Our New Century” initiative, the University of Miami advances the art of teaching and the science of learning by partnering with students, alumni, and others to offer options throughout the entire adult learning life cycle. ...

University of Miami experts weigh the merit and consequences of amending or repealing the communications law that provides a legal shield for service providers from the words, images, and videos posted by their users. ...

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...