Culture

Entertainment calendar

Tonight

Afrocentria III presents an open mic and performance slam at the Rock on campus starting at 8 p.m. The show’s open to everyone and free African soul food will be served, so seek out those ill lyrics and get up on the mic.

Kid Koala spins on the one and twos and showcases his tight remixes at Power Studios, 3701 NE Second Ave., Miami. The second room will also feature DJs Bobby D, Induce, Karakter, MTA and Polaris. Doors open at 10 p.m. and tickets are $10 in advance, $12 at the door. The show’s 21 and over kiddies, sorry. Call 305-634-3907.

For you Mexicano lovers, check out rock band Mana at the Miami Arena, 721 NW First Ave., Miami, at 8 p.m. Tickets are $40-$70. Call 305-530-4400.

Saturday, October 26
Dissident rappers Dead Prez perform with Algorithm, Illanoiz and Hood Rykers at the Hard Rock Caf

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...