Entertainment calendar

Tonight

Afrocentria III presents an open mic and performance slam at the Rock on campus starting at 8 p.m. The show’s open to everyone and free African soul food will be served, so seek out those ill lyrics and get up on the mic.

Kid Koala spins on the one and twos and showcases his tight remixes at Power Studios, 3701 NE Second Ave., Miami. The second room will also feature DJs Bobby D, Induce, Karakter, MTA and Polaris. Doors open at 10 p.m. and tickets are $10 in advance, $12 at the door. The show’s 21 and over kiddies, sorry. Call 305-634-3907.

For you Mexicano lovers, check out rock band Mana at the Miami Arena, 721 NW First Ave., Miami, at 8 p.m. Tickets are $40-$70. Call 305-530-4400.

Saturday, October 26
Dissident rappers Dead Prez perform with Algorithm, Illanoiz and Hood Rykers at the Hard Rock Caf

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

Before Jess Simpson’s final playoff run as the coach of Buford fell short in a Georgia state champio ...

The Miami Hurricanes football coaching staff is officially complete. UM announced Friday that Taylor ...

The Marlins — along with a handful of other teams — haven’t signed a single player from another team ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

Canes have won six of last 10 meetings with UNC. ...

Check out the January edition of the University of Miami's e-magazine. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 2-0 on the young season after securing a ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team will play its first doubleheader of the season Saturday in ...