Letter to the Editor

I write this letter to voice my displeasure with the new “Dialup Canes” Internet connection. I don’t expect the Hurricane to do anything about it, but rather, I write this to have my complaint registered on a campus-wide basis.

I live off-campus and I was initially pleased to find out that I could dial up to the school for a free Internet connection. I am, by no means, an Internet nerd. I like to log on from time to time to check my email, do web research and chat with my friends. To be honest, I don’t know what it takes to run a network like Dialup Canes, and personally, I don’t really care. What I do know, however, is that Dialup Canes craps out on me all the time. I log on, begin checking my email or chatting with a friend or two. Three minutes later, I get booted off. Half of the people I was chatting with get offended, and the other half make fun of my crappy dial-up connection. I curse, I yell, I make up outrageous new titles for Dialup Canes like: “Sputteringly Craptastical.”

I wonder if Dialup Canes plans to upgrade their system, whether they have merely been experiencing problems this week or if they just out-and-out suck. I guess the bottom line is: You get what you pay for. I pay nothing, and subsequently, I get a crap-connection. Eh, so it goes.
Truly,
Daniel Boniface

Immunologist Natasa Strbo and her team have put aside their work on HIV, malaria, and Zika to develo

Xavier Cortada leads the Miami Corona Project, an art program presented as part of the University of

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals policy recipients, or Dreamers, with college degrees have con

Consumers who support a company’s decision to rebrand, such as to remove racial stereotypes, might s

A University of Miami team awaits FDA approval to mass-produce nasopharyngeal swabs used in coronavi