Letter to the Editor

I write this letter to voice my displeasure with the new “Dialup Canes” Internet connection. I don’t expect the Hurricane to do anything about it, but rather, I write this to have my complaint registered on a campus-wide basis.

I live off-campus and I was initially pleased to find out that I could dial up to the school for a free Internet connection. I am, by no means, an Internet nerd. I like to log on from time to time to check my email, do web research and chat with my friends. To be honest, I don’t know what it takes to run a network like Dialup Canes, and personally, I don’t really care. What I do know, however, is that Dialup Canes craps out on me all the time. I log on, begin checking my email or chatting with a friend or two. Three minutes later, I get booted off. Half of the people I was chatting with get offended, and the other half make fun of my crappy dial-up connection. I curse, I yell, I make up outrageous new titles for Dialup Canes like: “Sputteringly Craptastical.”

I wonder if Dialup Canes plans to upgrade their system, whether they have merely been experiencing problems this week or if they just out-and-out suck. I guess the bottom line is: You get what you pay for. I pay nothing, and subsequently, I get a crap-connection. Eh, so it goes.
Truly,
Daniel Boniface

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...