Highway Hooker makes History

Last Wednesday, convicted serial killer and prostitute, Aileen Wuornos, was executed by lethal injection, making her only the second woman executed in Florida since 1848. She was noted as being the first female serial killer in the history of the United States. Between 1989 and 1990, she killed six johns in Florida by shooting them in the chest with a .22 pistol, and claimed to have had sex with over 250,000 men. On the day before her death, she chose to forego her last meal rights, and ordered a cup of coffee. Before she exited, she left the world with these prophetic words: “Yes, I would just like to say I’m sailing with the rock, and I’ll be back, like Independence Day with Jesus. June 6, like the movie. Big mother ship and all, I’ll be back, I’ll be back.” Although her death has brought closure to the families of her victims, she has left the world with a question that will drive the Tootsie Pop owl bananas: In Independence Day, who was Jesus? Will Smith or Jeff Goldblum?

James Rush can be reached at music@wvum.org.

Alumna Diana Donnarumma received a multi-organ transplant and is now working to help others who suff ...

Renovations to the School of Architecture’s library doubled its footprint, offering students a place ...

Through Project MMAGIC, assistant professor of psychology Sannisha Dale will analyze how snide comme ...

Craving a good deli sandwich, four students from New York launch NY Deli, a small business featured ...

A reflection on the unparalleled career of a true public servant, a man respected across the country ...

Freshmen Kenza Salgues and Moulayna Johnson Sidi Baba, UM's two newest international players, a ...

Head women's basketball coach Katie Meier and the Miami Hurricanes hosted 135 local fans for th ...

Kristyna Frydlova cards five eagles, while a trio of Canes finish top-10. ...

Miami enters the final round in third, while a trio of Canes rank among the top-15 individuals. ...

The Hurricanes came up short in a 28-21 overtime loss to Georgia Tech on Saturday. As they turn thei ...