Highway Hooker makes History

Last Wednesday, convicted serial killer and prostitute, Aileen Wuornos, was executed by lethal injection, making her only the second woman executed in Florida since 1848. She was noted as being the first female serial killer in the history of the United States. Between 1989 and 1990, she killed six johns in Florida by shooting them in the chest with a .22 pistol, and claimed to have had sex with over 250,000 men. On the day before her death, she chose to forego her last meal rights, and ordered a cup of coffee. Before she exited, she left the world with these prophetic words: “Yes, I would just like to say I’m sailing with the rock, and I’ll be back, like Independence Day with Jesus. June 6, like the movie. Big mother ship and all, I’ll be back, I’ll be back.” Although her death has brought closure to the families of her victims, she has left the world with a question that will drive the Tootsie Pop owl bananas: In Independence Day, who was Jesus? Will Smith or Jeff Goldblum?

James Rush can be reached at music@wvum.org.

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

Miami redshirt senior quarterback Malik Rosier was named to the preseason watch list for the Manning ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews revealed Thursday the team's schedule ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...