Culture

Entertainment News

Are the Rolling Stones getting too old to retain that rock and roll sex appeal they’ve been exuding for decades now? Probably not because Keith Richards was featured shirtless on the last issue of Rolling Stone magazine, his wrinkling skin sagging against the guitar he was holding. Moreover, frontman Mick Jagger recently announced in a BBC Radio interview on Sunday that the band is embarrassed of the first few songs they recorded, declaring that they lacked real rocking energy. “We couldn’t write rock songs, we just wrote these crap ballads,” said Jagger. How did they lose that “crap” sentimentality? They must have discovered the joys of no-holds-barred sex with groupies.

Can someone find that goddamn sniper in D.C. and just bust his ass? Almost 7 seven deaths-this shit’s getting serious. In any case, art may just be imitating life here (or the other way around) as the upcoming thriller Phone Booth may delay its release of November 15 because of the similar subject matter to current events. The film stars Colin Farrell as a man trapped in a phone booth by a distraught sniper played by Kiefer Sutherland. Citizens in the D.C. area are terrified by the murders and we strongly doubt that a film about a crazy sniper is going to make any good publicity these days.

The Sugarhill Gang’s studio in Englewood, New Jersey, burnt down in flames last Friday. It’s where the group had recorded “Rapper’s Delight,” one of the first radio rap hits, in the ’70s.

University of Miami students share their thoughts and impressions as President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris take the helm. ...

Following Wednesday’s historic event, University of Miami experts in various fields provide their insight on the biggest challenges facing the new administration. ...

As part of the “Roadmap to Our New Century” initiative, the University of Miami advances the art of teaching and the science of learning by partnering with students, alumni, and others to offer options throughout the entire adult learning life cycle. ...

University of Miami experts weigh the merit and consequences of amending or repealing the communications law that provides a legal shield for service providers from the words, images, and videos posted by their users. ...

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...