Entertainment News

Tonight
Revolver explodes with a show from Atmosphere (Slug, Mr. Dibbs and Blueprint), an underground hip hop act from Minneapolis, for their God Loves Ugly Tour. Guests include Murs of Living Legends, DJ BK One and DeeJay Bird and it takes place at Soho Lounge, 175 NE 36th St., Miami. $10. Be there because this shit’s gonna get ugly. 305-576-1988.

If you want to sink into the tropical waters of SoBe, try Blue, 222 Espanola Way, Miami Beach, an ambient, relaxed lounge right next door to Lost Weekend. The bouncers’ egos are (slightly) quelled and there usually isn’t an enforced dress code. 305-534-1009.

Saturday, October 12
Poplife’s got the flavor to rev-up your weekend tonight with The Kickovers, a group feat. an ex-member of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. Opening act is the Damn Personals and doors open at 11 p.m. at Piccadilly Garden, 35 NE 40th St., Miami. $10 for ages 18-20 and $8 for 21-and-up. Call 305-573-8221.

Sunday, October 13
The Gabe Dixon Band, a pop/rock band made of UM graduates, performs today at 3 p.m. at the Mars Music Amphitheatre, 12115 Biscayne Blvd., N. Miami. The concert is free so check this out. Call 305-893-0191 for more info.

Monday, October 14
Midtown plays with Recover and Taking Back Sunday as of 6:30 p.m. at the Factory, 2674 E. Oakland Park Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. $10 in advance, $11 at the door. Call 954-564-ROCK.

Friday, October 18
The 17th Annual Fort Lauderdale Int’l Film Festival starts today and runs through November 24th, featuring an array of international films as well as a number of American indies and Gay/Lesbian movies. Screenings take place at venues around Fort Lauderdale.
Go to www.fliff.com for more info.

Tuesday, October 22
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at the Cosford-time TBA.

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

University of Miami true freshman quarterback Jarren Williams was not at practice on Tuesday morning ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ The Hurricanes, who began the offseason with five highly sk ...

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...