Entertainment News

Tonight
Revolver explodes with a show from Atmosphere (Slug, Mr. Dibbs and Blueprint), an underground hip hop act from Minneapolis, for their God Loves Ugly Tour. Guests include Murs of Living Legends, DJ BK One and DeeJay Bird and it takes place at Soho Lounge, 175 NE 36th St., Miami. $10. Be there because this shit’s gonna get ugly. 305-576-1988.

If you want to sink into the tropical waters of SoBe, try Blue, 222 Espanola Way, Miami Beach, an ambient, relaxed lounge right next door to Lost Weekend. The bouncers’ egos are (slightly) quelled and there usually isn’t an enforced dress code. 305-534-1009.

Saturday, October 12
Poplife’s got the flavor to rev-up your weekend tonight with The Kickovers, a group feat. an ex-member of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. Opening act is the Damn Personals and doors open at 11 p.m. at Piccadilly Garden, 35 NE 40th St., Miami. $10 for ages 18-20 and $8 for 21-and-up. Call 305-573-8221.

Sunday, October 13
The Gabe Dixon Band, a pop/rock band made of UM graduates, performs today at 3 p.m. at the Mars Music Amphitheatre, 12115 Biscayne Blvd., N. Miami. The concert is free so check this out. Call 305-893-0191 for more info.

Monday, October 14
Midtown plays with Recover and Taking Back Sunday as of 6:30 p.m. at the Factory, 2674 E. Oakland Park Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. $10 in advance, $11 at the door. Call 954-564-ROCK.

Friday, October 18
The 17th Annual Fort Lauderdale Int’l Film Festival starts today and runs through November 24th, featuring an array of international films as well as a number of American indies and Gay/Lesbian movies. Screenings take place at venues around Fort Lauderdale.
Go to www.fliff.com for more info.

Tuesday, October 22
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at the Cosford-time TBA.

Zach Johnson is known for his fashion sense, and always has been since he led Miami Norland High to ...

Let’s fire everybody! And while we’re at it let’s fire the people who hired the people we just fired ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt, whose Hurricanes are in the midst of a four-game losing streak ...

The University of Miami’s interest in Clemson grad transfer quarterback Kelly Bryant apparently is m ...

For the first time since Mark Richt benched N’Kosi Perry for Malik Rosier in the Miami Hurricanes’ l ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

The 2018 midterm election shifts the balance of power in Congress, with women playing a huge role. ...

UM alumna, one-time Miami Dolphins cheerleader, and National Geographic explorer Mireya Mayor lives ...

2018 NCAA Tournament programs match up at 7 p.m. at Watsco Center. ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball is a member of the 2018-19 Citizen Naismith ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated Hartford, 75-62, Sunday afternoon at the Watsco Cent ...