Entertainment News

Tonight
Revolver explodes with a show from Atmosphere (Slug, Mr. Dibbs and Blueprint), an underground hip hop act from Minneapolis, for their God Loves Ugly Tour. Guests include Murs of Living Legends, DJ BK One and DeeJay Bird and it takes place at Soho Lounge, 175 NE 36th St., Miami. $10. Be there because this shit’s gonna get ugly. 305-576-1988.

If you want to sink into the tropical waters of SoBe, try Blue, 222 Espanola Way, Miami Beach, an ambient, relaxed lounge right next door to Lost Weekend. The bouncers’ egos are (slightly) quelled and there usually isn’t an enforced dress code. 305-534-1009.

Saturday, October 12
Poplife’s got the flavor to rev-up your weekend tonight with The Kickovers, a group feat. an ex-member of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. Opening act is the Damn Personals and doors open at 11 p.m. at Piccadilly Garden, 35 NE 40th St., Miami. $10 for ages 18-20 and $8 for 21-and-up. Call 305-573-8221.

Sunday, October 13
The Gabe Dixon Band, a pop/rock band made of UM graduates, performs today at 3 p.m. at the Mars Music Amphitheatre, 12115 Biscayne Blvd., N. Miami. The concert is free so check this out. Call 305-893-0191 for more info.

Monday, October 14
Midtown plays with Recover and Taking Back Sunday as of 6:30 p.m. at the Factory, 2674 E. Oakland Park Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. $10 in advance, $11 at the door. Call 954-564-ROCK.

Friday, October 18
The 17th Annual Fort Lauderdale Int’l Film Festival starts today and runs through November 24th, featuring an array of international films as well as a number of American indies and Gay/Lesbian movies. Screenings take place at venues around Fort Lauderdale.
Go to www.fliff.com for more info.

Tuesday, October 22
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at the Cosford-time TBA.

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...