Entertainment News

Tonight
Pianist/songwriter Johnny Rogers performs at Christ The King Lutheran Church, 11295 SW 57th Ave, Miami, to benefit the Music Inside/OUT free concert series in March. Show starts at 8 p.m. and it’s $10. Call 305-235-9298.

Nuclear Valdez play the Factory, 2674 E. Oakland Park Blvd., Ft. Lauderdale, with guests Humbert. Call 954-566-6331.

Grand Prix Americas roars through the streets of downtown Miami all weekend long, starting today. Tickets run from $30-$100. Watch the speedometers hit overkill at over 200 mph if you got the stomach to handle it. 305-373-3333.

Treat your eye to colorful imagery with The Color of Time: Photographs of Eduardo del Valle and Mirta Gomez, Silvia Lizama and Joe Tamargo at the Miami-Dade Public Library System: Main Library, 101 W. Flagler St. Call 305-375-2665.

Saturday, October 5
Monitor Records’ Bellini rips the stage for Poplife at Piccadilly Garden, 35 NE 40th St., Miami. $7 for ages 21 and up, $10 ages 18-20. Hit this shit up to hear some massive usage of accordions and keyboards-it might just blow your mind (and ears) away. 305-573-8221. Doors open at 11 p.m.

Beforehand, check out the listener party at Poplife for the new Jurassic 5 album, Power in Numbers. It starts at 9 p.m.

Train, who recently won a Grammy for their album Drops of Jupiter (we’re not sure why they deserved the award though), play the Bayfront Park Amphitheater, 301 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, as part of the Grand Prix. You need tickets to the races to attend. Call 305-533-1033.

Sunday, October 6
Q and Not U serve their special brew of danceable punk music at Churchill’s, 5501 NE 2nd Ave., Miami. Don’t miss out ’cause you’ll be shaking your ass all night long if you go and it won’t be because of the beer swigging down your throat (though that might help too). 305-757-1807.

Tuesday, October 8
Stars Wars Episode II at the Cosford-time tba.

Thursday, October 10
Bassist Charlie Haden performs boleros at Coconut Grove Playhouse, 3500 Main Hwy. $20-$40. 305-442-4000.

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...