Entertainment News

Tonight
Pianist/songwriter Johnny Rogers performs at Christ The King Lutheran Church, 11295 SW 57th Ave, Miami, to benefit the Music Inside/OUT free concert series in March. Show starts at 8 p.m. and it’s $10. Call 305-235-9298.

Nuclear Valdez play the Factory, 2674 E. Oakland Park Blvd., Ft. Lauderdale, with guests Humbert. Call 954-566-6331.

Grand Prix Americas roars through the streets of downtown Miami all weekend long, starting today. Tickets run from $30-$100. Watch the speedometers hit overkill at over 200 mph if you got the stomach to handle it. 305-373-3333.

Treat your eye to colorful imagery with The Color of Time: Photographs of Eduardo del Valle and Mirta Gomez, Silvia Lizama and Joe Tamargo at the Miami-Dade Public Library System: Main Library, 101 W. Flagler St. Call 305-375-2665.

Saturday, October 5
Monitor Records’ Bellini rips the stage for Poplife at Piccadilly Garden, 35 NE 40th St., Miami. $7 for ages 21 and up, $10 ages 18-20. Hit this shit up to hear some massive usage of accordions and keyboards-it might just blow your mind (and ears) away. 305-573-8221. Doors open at 11 p.m.

Beforehand, check out the listener party at Poplife for the new Jurassic 5 album, Power in Numbers. It starts at 9 p.m.

Train, who recently won a Grammy for their album Drops of Jupiter (we’re not sure why they deserved the award though), play the Bayfront Park Amphitheater, 301 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, as part of the Grand Prix. You need tickets to the races to attend. Call 305-533-1033.

Sunday, October 6
Q and Not U serve their special brew of danceable punk music at Churchill’s, 5501 NE 2nd Ave., Miami. Don’t miss out ’cause you’ll be shaking your ass all night long if you go and it won’t be because of the beer swigging down your throat (though that might help too). 305-757-1807.

Tuesday, October 8
Stars Wars Episode II at the Cosford-time tba.

Thursday, October 10
Bassist Charlie Haden performs boleros at Coconut Grove Playhouse, 3500 Main Hwy. $20-$40. 305-442-4000.

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...