Entertainment News

What the hell is up with rock stars getting hell-fueled on drugs and alcohol? Substance addiction is all part of the glam game and the MAP (Musician’s Assistance Program) Awards will recognize this on November 7 by giving props to the stars who have dug themselves out of their inalienable cravings. Stone Temple Pilots’ Scott Weiland will perform solo at L.A.’s House of Blues, along with the Neville Brothers, Thelonious Monster frontman Bob Forrest, Jimmie Vaughan, Billy Childs, Martyn LeNoble and Daniel Lanois. Of course, Robert Downey Jr. will host.

Bernie Mac is on the comedic prowl once again and is planning to remake 1967’s Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner, which co-starred Sidney Poitier and Spencer Tracy, and wants to honor the original version of the interracial-marriage satire, he said in an Entertainment Weekly article.

Street prostitution is ascending in Lima, Peru, because of a lack of other jobs. About 4,000 men and women offer sex for money on the streets and many sex peddlers are demanding more safety, claiming they get maltreated by security officials-the latter beating them up, insulting them and demanding money. The government is considering building a “pink-light” district (not to be confused by rebel-controlled “red zones” during the guerrilla war of the 1980s and 1990s) on the outskirts of the city for regulating prostitution.

About 6 million thirsty beer guzzlers will flock to this year’s Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany and more than 400 Bavarian musicians will perform at the concert. The world’s biggest beer celebration started on September 29 and runs until October 6. Similar events, on a smaller scale, are going on all over the U.S., so check your local guide and get those beer mugs clinging. Cheers.

A sequel to the 1969 American classic, Easy Rider, is in the works with producer Lauren Lloyd and is presently being written by Sean Jacques. So far, the story begins with Wyatt “Captain America” Earp (originally played by Peter Fonda) in prison, falsely accused of the murder of George Hanson (who was played by Jack Nicholson). A new character appears and seaks to prove Earp’s innocence and both go out on America’s road, looking for the truth once again. The shooting will begin next spring and it will be called Easy Rider A.D.

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...

Miami's schedule features seven matches against teams that reached the NCAA Championship. ...