Entertainment News

What the hell is up with rock stars getting hell-fueled on drugs and alcohol? Substance addiction is all part of the glam game and the MAP (Musician’s Assistance Program) Awards will recognize this on November 7 by giving props to the stars who have dug themselves out of their inalienable cravings. Stone Temple Pilots’ Scott Weiland will perform solo at L.A.’s House of Blues, along with the Neville Brothers, Thelonious Monster frontman Bob Forrest, Jimmie Vaughan, Billy Childs, Martyn LeNoble and Daniel Lanois. Of course, Robert Downey Jr. will host.

Bernie Mac is on the comedic prowl once again and is planning to remake 1967’s Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner, which co-starred Sidney Poitier and Spencer Tracy, and wants to honor the original version of the interracial-marriage satire, he said in an Entertainment Weekly article.

Street prostitution is ascending in Lima, Peru, because of a lack of other jobs. About 4,000 men and women offer sex for money on the streets and many sex peddlers are demanding more safety, claiming they get maltreated by security officials-the latter beating them up, insulting them and demanding money. The government is considering building a “pink-light” district (not to be confused by rebel-controlled “red zones” during the guerrilla war of the 1980s and 1990s) on the outskirts of the city for regulating prostitution.

About 6 million thirsty beer guzzlers will flock to this year’s Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany and more than 400 Bavarian musicians will perform at the concert. The world’s biggest beer celebration started on September 29 and runs until October 6. Similar events, on a smaller scale, are going on all over the U.S., so check your local guide and get those beer mugs clinging. Cheers.

A sequel to the 1969 American classic, Easy Rider, is in the works with producer Lauren Lloyd and is presently being written by Sean Jacques. So far, the story begins with Wyatt “Captain America” Earp (originally played by Peter Fonda) in prison, falsely accused of the murder of George Hanson (who was played by Jack Nicholson). A new character appears and seaks to prove Earp’s innocence and both go out on America’s road, looking for the truth once again. The shooting will begin next spring and it will be called Easy Rider A.D.

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

It would be hard to blame Avery Huff for rethinking his commitment to the Miami Hurricanes right now ...

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses. UM defensive c ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

A UM medical team has released the first report of acute symptoms and clinical findings in 25 person ...

UM public relations students unveiled their plans to reposition March for Our Lives to attract colle ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...