Campus Calendar and News Briefs

TODAY
Applications are due today for study abroad programs for the spring semester. For more information, email www.studyabroad.miami.edu.

Lilo and Stitch @ Cosford Cinema, 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.

OCTOBER 2

“Soul-Searching: Neuroscience & Philosophy” is a symposium prepared to explore the relationship between philosophy and the neurosciences. Speakers will include Dr. Durel, Psychology; Dr. Evnine, Philosophy; Dr. Siegel, Philosophy; Dr Siewart, Philosophy; and Dr. Wilson, Biology.

OCTOBER 6

The Society of Bar and Gavel will host the RACE Judicata, a 5K run/walk around the UM campus to raise money for the CHARLEE Family Cares Homes Program, which provides alternative housing to emotionally challenged children in the Miami-Dade community. For more information, visit the Dean of Students office at the Law School, room 212, or barandgavel@law.miami.edu.

Tour the Biltmore hotel from 1:30 -4:30 p.m.

OCTOBER 7

The Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Community (GLBC) is sponsoring a number of events to celebrate Coming Out Week. Opening Ceremonies are at noon on Monday, Oct. 7, which will include music, food and a discussion panel called GAY 101.

Lunch with Larry Coker at the Rat from 11:45 a.m. -1 p.m.

OCTOBER 8

The UM Department of Theatre Arts announces Totally Tuesdays, four performances at the Ring Theatre free for students. The first play, Oct. 8, The Laramie Project, starts at 8:00 p.m.; theatre doors will open at 7:30 p.m.

OCTOBER 9

Sneak preview of Knockaround Guys at Cosford Cinema at 9 p.m. Pick up passes at UC 206.

OCTOBER 11

The UM Alumni Association invites you to this year’s Audrey R. Finkelstein UM Experience, an interactive educational series featuring UM faculty, alumni and lecture topics. This year’s topics include “Public Health is Everyone’s Concern,” “Music’s Therapeutic Power,” “Diversity and Teaching,” “Surviving Times of Crisis,” “Business is a Contact Sport” and “Questions of Bioethics.” For more information contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 305-284-2872.

OCTOBER 13

The Asian American Students Association will present The 4th Annual Run and Gun Football Tournament on the IM fields. Register during the Asian American Student Association general meetings before Oct. 10. Contact Darrel Cabias at aasaum@yahoo.com for more information.

OCTOBER 26

The Department of Multicultural Student Affairs will offer a free practice test for the MCAT, LSAT, GRE or GMAT. RSVP by calling 800-2Review.

PAVILION IN HONOR OF GOIZUETA ALMOST COMPLETE
Construction of the Cuban Heritage Collection’s (CHC) Roberto C. Goizueta Pavilion, named after the Cuban-born former CEO of Coca-Cola, is almost complete. The CHC will be moving into this new space in October, and thus will be closed from Monday, Sept. 30, to Tuesday, Oct. 15. The new pavilion will feature an exhibit gallery, spacious reading room, conference room, expansive collections area, new offices for CHC faculty and staff and the Cuban Heritage Digital Collection. The official inauguration of the Pavilion is scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2003, to coincide with the 150th anniversary of the birth of Cuban patriot Jos

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

It took a long time for Dewan Hernandez to reach a point of acceptance for what happened to his juni ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Two University of Miami a cappella groups, Tufaan and BisCaydence, celebrated big wins in different ...

After Alabama’s governor signed into law the most-stringent anti-abortion bill in the nation, UM exp ...

The Canes are the top team in Pool D in Durham, joined by No. 5 North Carolina and No. 9 Virginia. ...

The matchups are set for the NCAA Singles Championship and NCAA Doubles Championship at the USTA Nat ...

Adria Soriano Barrera begins competition in the singles draw Monday at 5 p.m. with a contest against ...

Chris McMahon struck out six over five shutout innings to earn his first win since April 6. ...

Miami's Second Varsity Four earned a bronze medal at the 2019 ACC Rowing Championships Saturday ...