Entertainment News

Tonight

If you feel like you got the moves, check out Ritmo Caliente Del Caribe Orchestra, an Afro-Caribbean ensemble that mixes jazz and Latin American music. The starts at 8 p.m. behind SunTrust Bank on Hollywood Boulevard and 20th Street, Hollywood and is free. 954-926-3377.

New Found Glory, pop-rock group, play the UC Patio at 8 p.m.

Ladytron for Revolver at SoHo Lounge, 175 NE 36th St., Miami. 305-576-1988.

Saturday, September 28
It’s all about the jazz at the Broward Center for Performing Arts, 201 SW 5th Ave., Ft. Lauderdale , starting at 8 p.m. as drummer Ron Hayne, accompanied by several other musician, presents Birds of a Feather: A Charlie Parker Tribute. $19-$39. 954-462-0222.

Hardcore group Snapcase rock the stage at the Factory, 2674 E. Oakland Park Blvd.
Call 954-564-7625.

Sunday, September 29
Music prodigy Conor Oberst’s Bright Eyes plays with M Ward and the Bruces at the Manuel Airtime Theatre, 900 SW 1st St. Tickets are $12 in advance and $14 at the door. Call 305-274-9282 for more info.

El Gran Combo, the Puerto Rican salsa group, performs at the Broward Center, Au-Rene Theater, 201 SW 5th Ave., Fort Lauderdale. Hit up 954-462-0222 for more info.

Thursday, October 3
Word, a poetry session hosted by Amaali, at 10 p.m. at the new 190 restaurant, 190 NE 46th St., Miami. You can hear the words for free, so call 305-576-9779 for more info.

October 5
Biz Markie at Billboard Live, 1500 Ocean Dr., Miami. 305-538-4977.

Friday, October 11
God Loves Ugly Tour 2002, a hip hop show headlined by Atmosphere, opens for Revolver at the SoHo Lounge, 175 NE 36th St., Miami. $10. 305-576-1988.

Saturday, October 12
Nastie’s First Annual Hip Hop Festival feat. TALIB KWELI at the Hard Rock CafE, 401 Biscayne Blvd, Bayside. The well-gifted MC from New York will be spitting ill rhymes alongside performances by the Monjees, Algorithm, the Mad Dingos, Aboroginals and the THC crew. Doors open at 9 p.m. and it only costs $8 and 2 cans of food to get in. Call 305-579-9762.

The Gino DiMare era for the Miami Hurricanes couldn’t have started any better. In DiMare’s first gam ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The Shelley family shares their story of four generations at the University of Miami. ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team is a Lisa Leslie Center of the Year Aw ...