Entertainment News

Tonight

If you feel like you got the moves, check out Ritmo Caliente Del Caribe Orchestra, an Afro-Caribbean ensemble that mixes jazz and Latin American music. The starts at 8 p.m. behind SunTrust Bank on Hollywood Boulevard and 20th Street, Hollywood and is free. 954-926-3377.

New Found Glory, pop-rock group, play the UC Patio at 8 p.m.

Ladytron for Revolver at SoHo Lounge, 175 NE 36th St., Miami. 305-576-1988.

Saturday, September 28
It’s all about the jazz at the Broward Center for Performing Arts, 201 SW 5th Ave., Ft. Lauderdale , starting at 8 p.m. as drummer Ron Hayne, accompanied by several other musician, presents Birds of a Feather: A Charlie Parker Tribute. $19-$39. 954-462-0222.

Hardcore group Snapcase rock the stage at the Factory, 2674 E. Oakland Park Blvd.
Call 954-564-7625.

Sunday, September 29
Music prodigy Conor Oberst’s Bright Eyes plays with M Ward and the Bruces at the Manuel Airtime Theatre, 900 SW 1st St. Tickets are $12 in advance and $14 at the door. Call 305-274-9282 for more info.

El Gran Combo, the Puerto Rican salsa group, performs at the Broward Center, Au-Rene Theater, 201 SW 5th Ave., Fort Lauderdale. Hit up 954-462-0222 for more info.

Thursday, October 3
Word, a poetry session hosted by Amaali, at 10 p.m. at the new 190 restaurant, 190 NE 46th St., Miami. You can hear the words for free, so call 305-576-9779 for more info.

October 5
Biz Markie at Billboard Live, 1500 Ocean Dr., Miami. 305-538-4977.

Friday, October 11
God Loves Ugly Tour 2002, a hip hop show headlined by Atmosphere, opens for Revolver at the SoHo Lounge, 175 NE 36th St., Miami. $10. 305-576-1988.

Saturday, October 12
Nastie’s First Annual Hip Hop Festival feat. TALIB KWELI at the Hard Rock CafE, 401 Biscayne Blvd, Bayside. The well-gifted MC from New York will be spitting ill rhymes alongside performances by the Monjees, Algorithm, the Mad Dingos, Aboroginals and the THC crew. Doors open at 9 p.m. and it only costs $8 and 2 cans of food to get in. Call 305-579-9762.

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

It’s impossible for the Miami Hurricanes to ignore all the negative feedback which comes along with ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers’ win against the Virginia Tech Hokies was, for all intents and purposes, alr ...

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

The Canes know the importance a win over Virginia Tech on Saturday can have heading into the final w ...

The University of Miami women's golf team announced Thursday that international amateur standou ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

Tournament runs Nov. 21-24, 2019, in Charleston, S.C. ...