Entertainment News

Tonight

If you feel like you got the moves, check out Ritmo Caliente Del Caribe Orchestra, an Afro-Caribbean ensemble that mixes jazz and Latin American music. The starts at 8 p.m. behind SunTrust Bank on Hollywood Boulevard and 20th Street, Hollywood and is free. 954-926-3377.

New Found Glory, pop-rock group, play the UC Patio at 8 p.m.

Ladytron for Revolver at SoHo Lounge, 175 NE 36th St., Miami. 305-576-1988.

Saturday, September 28
It’s all about the jazz at the Broward Center for Performing Arts, 201 SW 5th Ave., Ft. Lauderdale , starting at 8 p.m. as drummer Ron Hayne, accompanied by several other musician, presents Birds of a Feather: A Charlie Parker Tribute. $19-$39. 954-462-0222.

Hardcore group Snapcase rock the stage at the Factory, 2674 E. Oakland Park Blvd.
Call 954-564-7625.

Sunday, September 29
Music prodigy Conor Oberst’s Bright Eyes plays with M Ward and the Bruces at the Manuel Airtime Theatre, 900 SW 1st St. Tickets are $12 in advance and $14 at the door. Call 305-274-9282 for more info.

El Gran Combo, the Puerto Rican salsa group, performs at the Broward Center, Au-Rene Theater, 201 SW 5th Ave., Fort Lauderdale. Hit up 954-462-0222 for more info.

Thursday, October 3
Word, a poetry session hosted by Amaali, at 10 p.m. at the new 190 restaurant, 190 NE 46th St., Miami. You can hear the words for free, so call 305-576-9779 for more info.

October 5
Biz Markie at Billboard Live, 1500 Ocean Dr., Miami. 305-538-4977.

Friday, October 11
God Loves Ugly Tour 2002, a hip hop show headlined by Atmosphere, opens for Revolver at the SoHo Lounge, 175 NE 36th St., Miami. $10. 305-576-1988.

Saturday, October 12
Nastie’s First Annual Hip Hop Festival feat. TALIB KWELI at the Hard Rock CafE, 401 Biscayne Blvd, Bayside. The well-gifted MC from New York will be spitting ill rhymes alongside performances by the Monjees, Algorithm, the Mad Dingos, Aboroginals and the THC crew. Doors open at 9 p.m. and it only costs $8 and 2 cans of food to get in. Call 305-579-9762.

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...