Life and Arts NEWS BRIEFS

Barbershop creams the Box Office with thick lather and stays at No. 1 for the second week in a row, grossing an estimated $13.3 million. Success for the movie’s star doesn’t stop here: Dr. Dre will produce his new album and Cube is about to be signed to Aftermath.

In more barbershop news, rapper Juvenile was arrested for beating up and robbing barber, Bert Williams, in New Orleans. Juvenile accused Williams of making a bootleg recordings of his music and took necessary action. That’s how they do it dirty south style.

Wanting to tap into the modern woman’s sense of frustration, feminine authors have published The Bitch in the House: 26 Women Tell the Truth About Sex, Solitude, Work, Motherhood, and Marriage, edited by Cathi Hanauer.

Though, as experts predict, two-thirds of the fall’s 34 new programs will cease to exist next year, CSI: Miami, which premiered last night, is being called the season’s budding show that will likely become a hit. You can’t deny it, Miami’s the place to be.

Fox Sports decided to pull out the spot for a commercial that featured Mike Tyson as a baby-sitter for fear of infuriating the public. Tyson told a group of reporters earlier this year that he wished they “had children so [he]could kick them in the head or stomp on their testicles so you could feel [his]pain because that’s the pain [he’s] been waking up to every day.” Lennox Lewis, watch out for your kids.

P. Diddy has been ordered by a North Carolina superior court judge to pay $2.45 million in damages to a limo driver who claimed he was beaten by bodyguards hired by Combs for a 1995 Mary J. Blige concert. Puffy, that wannabe gangster from Westchester, declared that the claim has no merit whatsoever.

Chris Cornell, former lead of Soundgarden, and members of Rage Against The Machine sans singer Zack de la Rocha, are fusing and forming a new group called Audioslave. Epic Records announced November 19 as the official album release date.

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

University of Miami true freshman quarterback Jarren Williams was not at practice on Tuesday morning ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ The Hurricanes, who began the offseason with five highly sk ...

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...