REPORT CARD

With 477 yards and 44 points on the board, the Hurricane offense did what they were supposed to do against a second-rate defense.

Ken Dorsey had his first 300-yard passing effort of the season, and he did it without the services of Andre Johnson. Dorsey is still having trouble being on the same page with his receivers at times.

After four rushing touchdowns, Willis McGahee is being thrown into the Heisman mix as a dark horse candidate. Jason Geathers had a costly fumble and did not get sufficient work

The core stepped up without Johnson in the lineup. Kevin Beard caught six passes and a TD, while Roscoe Parrish and Kellen Winslow have become sufficient options for Dorsey.

The O-Line continues to build holes for McGahee out of the backfield, but also surrendered two sacks.

The Hurricanes held the Owls offense in check, but did not nearly dominate the line of scrimmage as much as they could.

Miami’s D-Line is the best in the country, and although there were breakdowns stopping the run, there was also constant pressure on Temple QB Mike McGann

The Hurricane linebackers helped defend the pass, but against the run, the unit missed several tackles, allowing the Owls to pick up 112 rushing yards.

Continuing their success from the Florida game, the Hurricane defensive backs completely shut down any threat of a Temple passing attack.

What can you say? Two missed field goals, a missed PAT, and a muffed punt. Perhaps the only thing that saved a failing grade was a blocked punt and impresive punt returns by Parrish.

UM Rosenstiel School researchers monitor nutrient footprint from offshore aquaculture. ...

Daily protests are taking place in Puerto Rico, calling for the resignation of Gov. Ricardo Roselló. ...

How will the sentencing of “El Chapo” impact the drug trade out of Mexico? Bruce Bagley, a professor ...

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

Junior offensive lineman Navaughn Donaldson was among those players selected to the preseason watch ...

Jonathan Garvin and Shaq Quarterman were named to the watch list for another major defensive award T ...

A trio of Miami Hurricanes were named to the 2019 All-Atlantic Coast Conference Preseason Football T ...

Junior defensive back Trajan Bandy was among those players named to the 2019 Jim Thorpe Award Presea ...

Seniors Michael Pinckney and Shaquille Quarterman were among those players named to the watch list f ...