UM fans class act at UF

Call it The Swamp Stomp.

We went to Gainesville. Did battle in The Swamp. Kicked Gator butt.

And left with a big victory.

It doesn’t get any sweeter than that.

But we would be remiss by not pointing out that UM’s class act on the field against the Florida Gators was equaled by the Hurricane fans’ class act in the stands.

Hurricane fans in droves made the trip up to Gator Land to support the team and help renew one of the best football rivalries around. No trouble the night before the game, during the game or after the game. Just good, old fashioned support for the nation’s best football team.

We do not blindly support the football team or even the actions of the fans. In fact, the antics of both in years past have not always served to enhance the reputation of this university.

But today, everyone deserves a slap on the butt or a pat on the back.

While the players were proving once again why their No.1 ranking is certainly well-deserved, ‘Canes fans were proving they were No. 1, as well.

Playing in The Swamp is no easy task for any opposing team. And wearing an orange and green jersey in the stands is also an act of bravery. But everyone proved up to the task.

Just as we took control on the field, fans took control in the seats and took a big bite out of the Gator Chomp.

When the final gun sounded, the scoreboard showed a 41-16 Hurricane victory.

Our only regret is that the funny-looking guy in the visor wasn’t there to whine about it.

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews revealed Thursday the team's schedule ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...

Quick Hits gives University of Miami volleyball fans an inside scoop on the latest additions to the ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...