UM fans class act at UF

Call it The Swamp Stomp.

We went to Gainesville. Did battle in The Swamp. Kicked Gator butt.

And left with a big victory.

It doesn’t get any sweeter than that.

But we would be remiss by not pointing out that UM’s class act on the field against the Florida Gators was equaled by the Hurricane fans’ class act in the stands.

Hurricane fans in droves made the trip up to Gator Land to support the team and help renew one of the best football rivalries around. No trouble the night before the game, during the game or after the game. Just good, old fashioned support for the nation’s best football team.

We do not blindly support the football team or even the actions of the fans. In fact, the antics of both in years past have not always served to enhance the reputation of this university.

But today, everyone deserves a slap on the butt or a pat on the back.

While the players were proving once again why their No.1 ranking is certainly well-deserved, ‘Canes fans were proving they were No. 1, as well.

Playing in The Swamp is no easy task for any opposing team. And wearing an orange and green jersey in the stands is also an act of bravery. But everyone proved up to the task.

Just as we took control on the field, fans took control in the seats and took a big bite out of the Gator Chomp.

When the final gun sounded, the scoreboard showed a 41-16 Hurricane victory.

Our only regret is that the funny-looking guy in the visor wasn’t there to whine about it.

While the University of Miami has just three Class of 2019 oral commitments on offense, the Canes ha ...

Gerald Willis’ monster season has earned another piece of national recognition. On Monday, the Miami ...

It hasn’t been a great few weeks on the recruiting trail for the Miami Hurricanes with regards to of ...

A six-pack of Heat notes, leading up to Heat-Lakers on Monday night: ▪ In the days before one of his ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...