UM fans class act at UF

Call it The Swamp Stomp.

We went to Gainesville. Did battle in The Swamp. Kicked Gator butt.

And left with a big victory.

It doesn’t get any sweeter than that.

But we would be remiss by not pointing out that UM’s class act on the field against the Florida Gators was equaled by the Hurricane fans’ class act in the stands.

Hurricane fans in droves made the trip up to Gator Land to support the team and help renew one of the best football rivalries around. No trouble the night before the game, during the game or after the game. Just good, old fashioned support for the nation’s best football team.

We do not blindly support the football team or even the actions of the fans. In fact, the antics of both in years past have not always served to enhance the reputation of this university.

But today, everyone deserves a slap on the butt or a pat on the back.

While the players were proving once again why their No.1 ranking is certainly well-deserved, ‘Canes fans were proving they were No. 1, as well.

Playing in The Swamp is no easy task for any opposing team. And wearing an orange and green jersey in the stands is also an act of bravery. But everyone proved up to the task.

Just as we took control on the field, fans took control in the seats and took a big bite out of the Gator Chomp.

When the final gun sounded, the scoreboard showed a 41-16 Hurricane victory.

Our only regret is that the funny-looking guy in the visor wasn’t there to whine about it.

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...