Quantum sets October date for ‘Rocky Horror’

Tacky, tacky, tacky.

“It’s really a musical spoof of the B-rated sci-fi movies of the sixties,” said the Rocky Horror Show director, Michael Verdirame.

The Rocky Horror Show, presented by Quantum Entertainment, will play through Oct. 26 – Nov. 2 at the Hillel-Jewish Center located on Stanford Drive, across from the Mahoney/Pearson Residential colleges. There is also a special Halloween midnight showing of the performance planned.

“This performance is modeled after the Rocky Horror Show which debuted some twenty years ago on Broadway,” Verdirame said. “It deals with a lot of different things, ranging from cross dressing to incestuous relationships…it’s the first time a student organization has done something like this.”

The story follows the story of all-American Brad and his ‘girl’, Janet, who, after their car breaks down late one stormy night, happen upon an old mansion. It is here that Frank N. Furter and his assistants ‘entertain’ them. Over the course of the evening both are seduced by their host, who also creates a muscle-bound hunk, and who turns out to be an alien from the planet Transsexual.

“The entire production is run by students,” said Zach Lezberg, president of Quantum Entertainment. “Everything from the stage and casting details to the legal and business aspects of the production are handled by student-run organizations.”

Dozens of students auditioned for the 15 available parts.

“The talent for this show has been incredible. Unfortunately, we only need a small cast for this production. I’m really glad to see the caliber of the talent in the audition pool,” said Nicole Wichinsky, casting director and recent intern of Johnson-Liff Casting in New York City.

“One of the things I like most about this production is the fact that it is student-run and that everyone’s opinion matters,” said junior Sean Klitzner, a film and theatre major.

“I’ve been a fan of Rocky Horror since eighth grade…I just wanted to try out just for the fun of it,” said sophomore Brad Lonberger, an architecture major.

“One of our main goals is to get students throughout the university interested in theatre, regardless of their major or theatrical background. This year we have majors from math, biology, pre-med, and every other area you can think of, try out,” Lezberg said.

If interested in working with or finding out about Quantum Entertainment, visit their website at www.gotoquantum.com. Tickets for the show will be available at the beginning of October.

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team picked up a victory ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...