Miami Report Car

Offense: A-
The offense piled up 504 total yards. The rushing attack could not be contained and Dorsey threw four touchdown strikes.

Quarterback: B-
Dorsey did throw three interceptions, including one for a Florida touchdown, but he also connected on four touchdown strikes and completed passes to seven different Hurricanes.

Running Backs: A+
Willis McGahee refused to go down, rushing for a career-high 204 yards. Jason Geathers was also difficult to stop, rushing for 72 yards and catching two touchdowns.

Wide Receivers: B
The unit did not need to dominate, as the Miami rushing attack controlled the game. Andre Johnson and Kellen Winslow II led the ‘Canes with four receptions each.

Offensive Line: A
The new Miami O-line surrendered only one sack and opened up monster holes for McGahee and Geathers.

Defense: A
The secondary shut down the supposed best quarterback in the nation. The defensive line provided petrifying pressure the entire game.

Defensive Line: A
Miami dropped back into a dime package for most of the game, but the D-line, led by Jerome McDougle, still managed to pressure Grossman all game.

Linebackers: B+
Jonathan Vilma is the leader of the dominating Miami defense. He and D.J. Williams went sideline to sideline with blazing speed, containing the Florida short passing game.

Secondary: A
Did the inexperienced unit answer your questions? Maurice Sikes picked off two Grossman passes, and Kelly Jennings did an outstanding job on Florida wide out Taylor Jacobs.

Special Teams: B
Todd Sievers continued his flawless play, kicking field goals of 53 and 38 yards. Freddie Capshaw punted well, but the unit did have a break down on the blocked punt.

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...