Miami Report Car

Offense: A-
The offense piled up 504 total yards. The rushing attack could not be contained and Dorsey threw four touchdown strikes.

Quarterback: B-
Dorsey did throw three interceptions, including one for a Florida touchdown, but he also connected on four touchdown strikes and completed passes to seven different Hurricanes.

Running Backs: A+
Willis McGahee refused to go down, rushing for a career-high 204 yards. Jason Geathers was also difficult to stop, rushing for 72 yards and catching two touchdowns.

Wide Receivers: B
The unit did not need to dominate, as the Miami rushing attack controlled the game. Andre Johnson and Kellen Winslow II led the ‘Canes with four receptions each.

Offensive Line: A
The new Miami O-line surrendered only one sack and opened up monster holes for McGahee and Geathers.

Defense: A
The secondary shut down the supposed best quarterback in the nation. The defensive line provided petrifying pressure the entire game.

Defensive Line: A
Miami dropped back into a dime package for most of the game, but the D-line, led by Jerome McDougle, still managed to pressure Grossman all game.

Linebackers: B+
Jonathan Vilma is the leader of the dominating Miami defense. He and D.J. Williams went sideline to sideline with blazing speed, containing the Florida short passing game.

Secondary: A
Did the inexperienced unit answer your questions? Maurice Sikes picked off two Grossman passes, and Kelly Jennings did an outstanding job on Florida wide out Taylor Jacobs.

Special Teams: B
Todd Sievers continued his flawless play, kicking field goals of 53 and 38 yards. Freddie Capshaw punted well, but the unit did have a break down on the blocked punt.

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

University of Miami true freshman quarterback Jarren Williams was not at practice on Tuesday morning ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ The Hurricanes, who began the offseason with five highly sk ...

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...