Miami Report Car

Offense: A-
The offense piled up 504 total yards. The rushing attack could not be contained and Dorsey threw four touchdown strikes.

Quarterback: B-
Dorsey did throw three interceptions, including one for a Florida touchdown, but he also connected on four touchdown strikes and completed passes to seven different Hurricanes.

Running Backs: A+
Willis McGahee refused to go down, rushing for a career-high 204 yards. Jason Geathers was also difficult to stop, rushing for 72 yards and catching two touchdowns.

Wide Receivers: B
The unit did not need to dominate, as the Miami rushing attack controlled the game. Andre Johnson and Kellen Winslow II led the ‘Canes with four receptions each.

Offensive Line: A
The new Miami O-line surrendered only one sack and opened up monster holes for McGahee and Geathers.

Defense: A
The secondary shut down the supposed best quarterback in the nation. The defensive line provided petrifying pressure the entire game.

Defensive Line: A
Miami dropped back into a dime package for most of the game, but the D-line, led by Jerome McDougle, still managed to pressure Grossman all game.

Linebackers: B+
Jonathan Vilma is the leader of the dominating Miami defense. He and D.J. Williams went sideline to sideline with blazing speed, containing the Florida short passing game.

Secondary: A
Did the inexperienced unit answer your questions? Maurice Sikes picked off two Grossman passes, and Kelly Jennings did an outstanding job on Florida wide out Taylor Jacobs.

Special Teams: B
Todd Sievers continued his flawless play, kicking field goals of 53 and 38 yards. Freddie Capshaw punted well, but the unit did have a break down on the blocked punt.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

There are few players across Florida whose recruitment has been harder to parse than Derick Hunter’s ...

While University of Miami fans are not exactly thrilled about their Hurricanes going against the Wis ...

There was a time John Dixon looked like he would have his choice of just about any college he wanted ...

Part 2 of a 3-part series Former Marlins president David Samson, now unshackled by any contractual r ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

A record number of gifts have been collected across UM campuses to benefit children and seniors in t ...

Former Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Barak, who previously served as minister of the interior and mi ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...

The University of Miami's redshirt senior setter Haley Templeton was named to the 2018 AVCA All ...