Miami Report Car

Offense: A-
The offense piled up 504 total yards. The rushing attack could not be contained and Dorsey threw four touchdown strikes.

Quarterback: B-
Dorsey did throw three interceptions, including one for a Florida touchdown, but he also connected on four touchdown strikes and completed passes to seven different Hurricanes.

Running Backs: A+
Willis McGahee refused to go down, rushing for a career-high 204 yards. Jason Geathers was also difficult to stop, rushing for 72 yards and catching two touchdowns.

Wide Receivers: B
The unit did not need to dominate, as the Miami rushing attack controlled the game. Andre Johnson and Kellen Winslow II led the ‘Canes with four receptions each.

Offensive Line: A
The new Miami O-line surrendered only one sack and opened up monster holes for McGahee and Geathers.

Defense: A
The secondary shut down the supposed best quarterback in the nation. The defensive line provided petrifying pressure the entire game.

Defensive Line: A
Miami dropped back into a dime package for most of the game, but the D-line, led by Jerome McDougle, still managed to pressure Grossman all game.

Linebackers: B+
Jonathan Vilma is the leader of the dominating Miami defense. He and D.J. Williams went sideline to sideline with blazing speed, containing the Florida short passing game.

Secondary: A
Did the inexperienced unit answer your questions? Maurice Sikes picked off two Grossman passes, and Kelly Jennings did an outstanding job on Florida wide out Taylor Jacobs.

Special Teams: B
Todd Sievers continued his flawless play, kicking field goals of 53 and 38 yards. Freddie Capshaw punted well, but the unit did have a break down on the blocked punt.

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...