Campus Calendar

TODAY
Starting today at 12 p.m., ‘Cane Cards will no longer be issued at the Registrar’s Office. Students must go to 110 Allen Hall at the School of Continuing Studies to ‘Cane Cards. Hours of Operation will be Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Volunteer Awareness Week: Volunteer Services Student Organization Fair, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in the UC Breezeway. Get involved with on-campus service and advocacy groups.

The Indian Students Association is holding a 9/11 banner signing in the UC breezeway from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Information Technology invites you to attend a university-wide technology fair from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM, in the University Center lower lounge. You can participate in activities and demonstrations relating to technology in an academic setting. Come and obtain a student e-mail account, get information about the CaneNet and WirelessCanes networks, and ACUS/AT&T long distance programs.

SEPTEMBER 11

Volunteer Awareness Week: Non-profit Agency Fair, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in the UC Lower Lounge. Find out more about volunteer opportunities from community agency representatives.

A Day of Commemoration: Solemn Convocation and Academic Discussion, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Gusman Concert Hall. President Shalala will lead a solemn convocation and moment of silence to commemorate the attacks, followed by a series of panel discussions of UM faculty. Topics include security, civil liberties, and the world after 9/11.

Remembrance: Let the Light Shine, 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on the University Green. This student-organized event includes a candlelight service with testimonials from student speakers sharing their experiences of the events of September 11th.

SEPTEMBER 12

Volunteer Awareness Week: Disaster Relief Training, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. in UC Room 245. Ever wondered what you could do to help after a hurricane or other disaster? Join the American Red Cross and find out what you can do! Call 284-GIVE to sign up.

First meeting of the Asian American Student Association, at 6:00 p.m. in the upstairs UC lounge. Free field trip to see Margaret Cho’s NOTORIOUS C.H.O. at the Cosford Cinema afterward. Contact Cindy Wong at devlo@aol.com.

SEPTEMBER 13

Volunteer Awareness Week: Feel Good Friday, 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at the Rock. An afternoon volunteer opportunity for students sponsored by LINK. Call 284-GIVE to find out more.

SEPTEMBER 14

UM’s Gifford Arboretum and the University of Florida/Miami-Dade Extension Service are co-sponsoring Workshops in Horticulture. The workshop will focus on new varieties and diseases of tropical flowering trees. Call 305-284-5364.

SEPTEMBER 15 –
OCTOBER 15
The Hispanic Heritage Month Committee and the Department of Multicultural Student Affairs is pleased to bring you National Hispanic Heritage Month. As part of the celebration, we have planned a month long calendar that promises to have something for everyone. Join the University of Miami community in recognizing and exploring Hispanic culture and achievements. Opening Ceremonies are on Monday, September 16th at noon, on the University Center Patio. All events are free to the University of Miami community. Hope to see you there! For more information visit www.miami.edu/msa

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

It would be hard to blame Avery Huff for rethinking his commitment to the Miami Hurricanes right now ...

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses. UM defensive c ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

A UM medical team has released the first report of acute symptoms and clinical findings in 25 person ...

UM public relations students unveiled their plans to reposition March for Our Lives to attract colle ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...