Sigma Chi wins IM labor day softball tournament

The Labor Day Softball Tournament was played last Sunday and the champions are Sigma Chi! Sigma Chi breezed through the Greek bracket and met Pi Kappa Alpha in the Greek finals. Pike playing with only 9 players put up a valiant effort but came up short from winning the points.

The 86’ers came out of the independent bracket for the championship game. They met some really good teams on their way but just as Sigma Chi had done, they were just too good to be kept from the championship. The 86’ers were crowned the Independent champion by beating a very good Pearson team that combined with another good ACS team to form one quality team.

In the championship, Sigma Chi jumped out to an early lead and never looked back as they won 17-11 over the 86’ers. Chris McDermott and Bob Switzer were the co-MVPs as they lead their team to the first championship for Sigma Chi in a few years! Overall, the power and teamwork of Sigma Chi prevailed and were crowned the first champion of the 2002-2003 Intramural season.

Intramural Reminders

Flag Football / Floor Hockey / Tennis Singles: Entry Deadline – Friday, Sept. 6 by 5pm.

Flag Football Officials: All students are welcome to earn $6 per hour as an intramural official. An emergency training is Monday, September 9 @ 5pm at the Wellness Center.

University of Miami football coach Manny Diaz went into overtime on Monday during an interview with ...

Miami couldn’t in-bound the ball. When the host Hurricanes’ women’s basketball team looks back at Su ...

Offensive line is always one of the biggest needs for the Miami Hurricanes on the recruiting trail a ...

When Manny Diaz briefly left the Miami Hurricanes to become the coach of the Temple Owls, Keshawn Wa ...

Two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic has been through more trauma in the ...

The School of Nursing and Health Studies’ global research training program for minority students is ...

The University of Miami community gathered to remember the victims of the deadly New Zealand mosque ...

Culminating "an awesome, institution-wide effort," the Miller School of Medicine is celebr ...

Activist Claudio Rojas was featured in a documentary film, “The Infiltrators,” which is critical of ...

Associate professors William Pestle and Kathleen Sullivan Sealey traveled with students over spring ...

Miami's stellar season came to end Sunday, as the Hurricanes fell to ASU, 57-55, in the NCAA To ...

A ninth inning rally pushed No. 5 NC State past the Canes on Sunday afternoon. ...

Despite Estela Perez-Somarriba logging a top-five triumph for the 100th win of her career, the No. 2 ...

Kevin Arreaga of the University of Miami track and field team won the men's hammer throw on Sat ...

Facing No. 11 North Carolina on its home court, the University of Miami men's tennis team got o ...