Sigma Chi wins IM labor day softball tournament

The Labor Day Softball Tournament was played last Sunday and the champions are Sigma Chi! Sigma Chi breezed through the Greek bracket and met Pi Kappa Alpha in the Greek finals. Pike playing with only 9 players put up a valiant effort but came up short from winning the points.

The 86’ers came out of the independent bracket for the championship game. They met some really good teams on their way but just as Sigma Chi had done, they were just too good to be kept from the championship. The 86’ers were crowned the Independent champion by beating a very good Pearson team that combined with another good ACS team to form one quality team.

In the championship, Sigma Chi jumped out to an early lead and never looked back as they won 17-11 over the 86’ers. Chris McDermott and Bob Switzer were the co-MVPs as they lead their team to the first championship for Sigma Chi in a few years! Overall, the power and teamwork of Sigma Chi prevailed and were crowned the first champion of the 2002-2003 Intramural season.

Intramural Reminders

Flag Football / Floor Hockey / Tennis Singles: Entry Deadline – Friday, Sept. 6 by 5pm.

Flag Football Officials: All students are welcome to earn $6 per hour as an intramural official. An emergency training is Monday, September 9 @ 5pm at the Wellness Center.

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...