Miami vs UF

UM
Quarterbacks: Ken Dorsey may not post the flashiest numbers, but he has an extra year of leadership and a National Championship that Grossman doesn’t.

Running Backs: Willis McGahee and Jason Geathers showed how scary their speed is against FAMU. The Florida game will give the duo a much bigger test.

Wide Receivers: In addition to returning starters Andre Johnson and Kevin Beard, Dorsey has tight end Kellen Winslow and multi-purpose threat Roscoe Parrish to choose from.

Offensive Line: Brett Romberg and Sherko Haji-Rasouli are proven stars. The jury is out on the other three positions, but Carey, Myers, and Joseph performed well against FAMU.

Defensive Line: The return of Jerome McDougle this week only enhances the best D-Line in the country.

Linebackers: The jury is still out on Howard Clark, but D.J. Williams and Jonathan Vilma are shaping up to become two of the nation’s best linebackers.

Secondary: The new core of defensive backs helped shut down Casey Printers, but they will see a much bigger test this week against Grossman.

Special Teams: The emergence of Roscoe Parrish adds to the nation’s most dangerous special teams unit. In addition, punter Freddie Capshaw returns from a foot injury.

UF
Quarterbacks: Second in the Heisman voting last season, Rex Grossman threw for 337 yards in the opener against UAB, showing the nation he is still the centerpiece of the Gator offense.

Running Backs: With Ron Zook looking to run the ball more, Earnest Graham could come through with his first 1,000 yard season.

Wide Receivers: As witnessed by his 246 yards receiving against UAB, Taylor Jacobs could be one of the nation’s best receivers. Unfortunately, for Florida, he is their only proven receiver.

Offensive Line: Like Miami, the Gator offensive line has a lot of skill. They also only have 25 starts between them entering this season.

Defensive Line: Tackle Ian Scott is an All-American candidate. The rest of the unit is mediocre at best.

Linebackers: Matt Nattiel looks to have a breakout senior season. As a whole, the linebackers have improved in helping stop the run, but they aren’t among the nation’s elite yet.

Secondary: Dorsey will get his yards, but things will be tougher against this experienced Gator unit. Look out for free safety Todd Johnson.

Special Teams: Sophomore Matt Leach moves into the kicker’s role, replacing Groza Award semifinalist Jeff Chandler.

University of Miami students share their thoughts and impressions as President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris take the helm. ...

Following Wednesday’s historic event, University of Miami experts in various fields provide their insight on the biggest challenges facing the new administration. ...

As part of the “Roadmap to Our New Century” initiative, the University of Miami advances the art of teaching and the science of learning by partnering with students, alumni, and others to offer options throughout the entire adult learning life cycle. ...

University of Miami experts weigh the merit and consequences of amending or repealing the communications law that provides a legal shield for service providers from the words, images, and videos posted by their users. ...

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...