Miami vs UF

UM
Quarterbacks: Ken Dorsey may not post the flashiest numbers, but he has an extra year of leadership and a National Championship that Grossman doesn’t.

Running Backs: Willis McGahee and Jason Geathers showed how scary their speed is against FAMU. The Florida game will give the duo a much bigger test.

Wide Receivers: In addition to returning starters Andre Johnson and Kevin Beard, Dorsey has tight end Kellen Winslow and multi-purpose threat Roscoe Parrish to choose from.

Offensive Line: Brett Romberg and Sherko Haji-Rasouli are proven stars. The jury is out on the other three positions, but Carey, Myers, and Joseph performed well against FAMU.

Defensive Line: The return of Jerome McDougle this week only enhances the best D-Line in the country.

Linebackers: The jury is still out on Howard Clark, but D.J. Williams and Jonathan Vilma are shaping up to become two of the nation’s best linebackers.

Secondary: The new core of defensive backs helped shut down Casey Printers, but they will see a much bigger test this week against Grossman.

Special Teams: The emergence of Roscoe Parrish adds to the nation’s most dangerous special teams unit. In addition, punter Freddie Capshaw returns from a foot injury.

UF
Quarterbacks: Second in the Heisman voting last season, Rex Grossman threw for 337 yards in the opener against UAB, showing the nation he is still the centerpiece of the Gator offense.

Running Backs: With Ron Zook looking to run the ball more, Earnest Graham could come through with his first 1,000 yard season.

Wide Receivers: As witnessed by his 246 yards receiving against UAB, Taylor Jacobs could be one of the nation’s best receivers. Unfortunately, for Florida, he is their only proven receiver.

Offensive Line: Like Miami, the Gator offensive line has a lot of skill. They also only have 25 starts between them entering this season.

Defensive Line: Tackle Ian Scott is an All-American candidate. The rest of the unit is mediocre at best.

Linebackers: Matt Nattiel looks to have a breakout senior season. As a whole, the linebackers have improved in helping stop the run, but they aren’t among the nation’s elite yet.

Secondary: Dorsey will get his yards, but things will be tougher against this experienced Gator unit. Look out for free safety Todd Johnson.

Special Teams: Sophomore Matt Leach moves into the kicker’s role, replacing Groza Award semifinalist Jeff Chandler.

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...