Miami vs UF

UM
Quarterbacks: Ken Dorsey may not post the flashiest numbers, but he has an extra year of leadership and a National Championship that Grossman doesn’t.

Running Backs: Willis McGahee and Jason Geathers showed how scary their speed is against FAMU. The Florida game will give the duo a much bigger test.

Wide Receivers: In addition to returning starters Andre Johnson and Kevin Beard, Dorsey has tight end Kellen Winslow and multi-purpose threat Roscoe Parrish to choose from.

Offensive Line: Brett Romberg and Sherko Haji-Rasouli are proven stars. The jury is out on the other three positions, but Carey, Myers, and Joseph performed well against FAMU.

Defensive Line: The return of Jerome McDougle this week only enhances the best D-Line in the country.

Linebackers: The jury is still out on Howard Clark, but D.J. Williams and Jonathan Vilma are shaping up to become two of the nation’s best linebackers.

Secondary: The new core of defensive backs helped shut down Casey Printers, but they will see a much bigger test this week against Grossman.

Special Teams: The emergence of Roscoe Parrish adds to the nation’s most dangerous special teams unit. In addition, punter Freddie Capshaw returns from a foot injury.

UF
Quarterbacks: Second in the Heisman voting last season, Rex Grossman threw for 337 yards in the opener against UAB, showing the nation he is still the centerpiece of the Gator offense.

Running Backs: With Ron Zook looking to run the ball more, Earnest Graham could come through with his first 1,000 yard season.

Wide Receivers: As witnessed by his 246 yards receiving against UAB, Taylor Jacobs could be one of the nation’s best receivers. Unfortunately, for Florida, he is their only proven receiver.

Offensive Line: Like Miami, the Gator offensive line has a lot of skill. They also only have 25 starts between them entering this season.

Defensive Line: Tackle Ian Scott is an All-American candidate. The rest of the unit is mediocre at best.

Linebackers: Matt Nattiel looks to have a breakout senior season. As a whole, the linebackers have improved in helping stop the run, but they aren’t among the nation’s elite yet.

Secondary: Dorsey will get his yards, but things will be tougher against this experienced Gator unit. Look out for free safety Todd Johnson.

Special Teams: Sophomore Matt Leach moves into the kicker’s role, replacing Groza Award semifinalist Jeff Chandler.

One of the reasons Manny Diaz overhauled his recruiting department when he took over as UM’s coach i ...

Connor McLaughlin never gave much thought to the Miami Hurricanes when he was younger. Even though h ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

Academics met at the University of Miami to plan the next phase of a study looking at how journalist ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

With the seven-run victory, Miami won its ACC Championship opener for the fifth consecutive season. ...

For the second time in three years, Estela Perez-Somarriba of the University of Miami women's t ...

The Student-Athlete Development department has grown in size and scope and become an integral part o ...

For the second-straight season, Kevin Arreaga of the Miami track and field team secured a spot at na ...

The Bowling Green, Ky., native joins the Hurricanes after spending two seasons at Liberty. ...