Miami vs UF

UM
Quarterbacks: Ken Dorsey may not post the flashiest numbers, but he has an extra year of leadership and a National Championship that Grossman doesn’t.

Running Backs: Willis McGahee and Jason Geathers showed how scary their speed is against FAMU. The Florida game will give the duo a much bigger test.

Wide Receivers: In addition to returning starters Andre Johnson and Kevin Beard, Dorsey has tight end Kellen Winslow and multi-purpose threat Roscoe Parrish to choose from.

Offensive Line: Brett Romberg and Sherko Haji-Rasouli are proven stars. The jury is out on the other three positions, but Carey, Myers, and Joseph performed well against FAMU.

Defensive Line: The return of Jerome McDougle this week only enhances the best D-Line in the country.

Linebackers: The jury is still out on Howard Clark, but D.J. Williams and Jonathan Vilma are shaping up to become two of the nation’s best linebackers.

Secondary: The new core of defensive backs helped shut down Casey Printers, but they will see a much bigger test this week against Grossman.

Special Teams: The emergence of Roscoe Parrish adds to the nation’s most dangerous special teams unit. In addition, punter Freddie Capshaw returns from a foot injury.

UF
Quarterbacks: Second in the Heisman voting last season, Rex Grossman threw for 337 yards in the opener against UAB, showing the nation he is still the centerpiece of the Gator offense.

Running Backs: With Ron Zook looking to run the ball more, Earnest Graham could come through with his first 1,000 yard season.

Wide Receivers: As witnessed by his 246 yards receiving against UAB, Taylor Jacobs could be one of the nation’s best receivers. Unfortunately, for Florida, he is their only proven receiver.

Offensive Line: Like Miami, the Gator offensive line has a lot of skill. They also only have 25 starts between them entering this season.

Defensive Line: Tackle Ian Scott is an All-American candidate. The rest of the unit is mediocre at best.

Linebackers: Matt Nattiel looks to have a breakout senior season. As a whole, the linebackers have improved in helping stop the run, but they aren’t among the nation’s elite yet.

Secondary: Dorsey will get his yards, but things will be tougher against this experienced Gator unit. Look out for free safety Todd Johnson.

Special Teams: Sophomore Matt Leach moves into the kicker’s role, replacing Groza Award semifinalist Jeff Chandler.

The University of Miami’s Cuban Heritage Collection will host its third New Directions in Cuban Stud ...

The University of Miami is naming its business school in honor of Patti and Allan Herbert for their ...

Lucha Latina celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month by highlighting Central American culture. ...

The Frost School of Music’s Valerie Coleman, who heads to Carnegie Hall tonight with the Philadelphi ...

Engineering students at the University of Miami combine inventive materials with a new construction ...

Keith Stone had a bevy of options to pick from when deciding where to spend his final year as a coll ...

University of Miami junior cornerback Trajan Bandy was named ACC Defensive Back of the Week after a ...

Shannon McCarthy and BIIK Kazygurt are set to face off against FC Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champion ...

The Hurricanes got a much-needed conference win Friday night over Virginia. Now Miami looks to build ...

Kristina Fisher registers her 17th career assist to move into second on the program's all-time ...