UM loses to FSU, UF

Well what do you know?

Those who inhabit The Swamp in Gainesville have finally found a way to beat UM in the rankings.

As any good Miami fan will recall, the Gators finished last football season looking up at the National Champion Hurricanes in the rankings. And when the pre-season rankings were released, the Gators were once again cramming their necks to get a glimpse of the ‘Canes.

We would hope they would be used to it by now.

But all is not lost for the Spurrierless Swamp Things. They are sitting pretty as the No. 5 party school in the nation, according to the annual Princeton Review survey.

It’s important to note, UM doesn’t even earn a mention in the survey.

UF finished right behind Indiana University, Clemson, the University of Alabama Tuscaloosa, and Pennsylvania State in the party rankings. The party school designations are based on student reports on alcohol and marijuana use, the amount of time spent studying outside of class and the popularity of fraternities and sororities on campus.

But all this shouldn’t come as any great surprise to those who have had to trudge through Gainesville. Just one brief visit will quickly convince you that Gators are definitely party animals. And they’re proud of it. Now they can be proud of the fact they finally beat Miami at something.

Quite honestly, we’re delighted to concede them the victory. They beat us fair and square. UM’s academic standing continues to soar like our football rankings. And we’re happy to claim our victories in the classroom and out on the field.

But we should caution our friends at FSU not to be too cocky.

While the Seminoles continue to get whiplash looking up at UM in the football polls, they join The Gators in the Top Ten party schools in the nation.

While FSU finished four spots behind UF, the Seminoles need to remember they can always dream about next year.

After all, that’s what their football team does after every season.

UM Rosenstiel School researchers monitor nutrient footprint from offshore aquaculture. ...

Daily protests are taking place in Puerto Rico, calling for the resignation of Gov. Ricardo Roselló. ...

How will the sentencing of “El Chapo” impact the drug trade out of Mexico? Bruce Bagley, a professor ...

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

Junior offensive lineman Navaughn Donaldson was among those players selected to the preseason watch ...

Jonathan Garvin and Shaq Quarterman were named to the watch list for another major defensive award T ...

A trio of Miami Hurricanes were named to the 2019 All-Atlantic Coast Conference Preseason Football T ...

Junior defensive back Trajan Bandy was among those players named to the 2019 Jim Thorpe Award Presea ...

Seniors Michael Pinckney and Shaquille Quarterman were among those players named to the watch list f ...