Sports BRIEFS

Reminder, don’t miss out on the beginning of the Intramural seasons!

Fantasy Football
Here is your chance to win Miami Dolphins tickets to the Monday Night Football game against the Chicago Bears! The winner of this year’s fantasy football league will win 2 tickets to this game on December 9 at Pro Player Stadium. The cost is $10 and this is your 1st chance to become a champion.

Labor Day Softball Tournament
The first tournament of the 2002-2003 year is this softball tournament held on the Yaron Fields September 1. The cost of the tournament is $10 per team. The Major Leagues may strike but you can count on us playing ball!

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...