Delicious pizza Casual Dining and Great Service Spris a Must

Excellent service, a casual-chic atmosphere, and excellent pizza are

just three reasons Spris is catching on as one of Coral Gables’ most popular restaurants.

Already a Lincoln Road favorite, Spris opened its second location on Ponce de Leon last May, bringing the flavor of South Beach to the Gables dining scene. On the menu are delightful antipastos, to-die-for desserts, and over fifty variations of the traditional wood-oven pizza.

To whet the appetite, I highly recommend the salmon and brie antipasto.

Capers are sprinkled over thin salmon slices, served cold with wedges of brie cheese. As a main course, there’s a vast selection. I chose number 42, which added chicken to my thin crust pizza.

For any dining experience, the atmosphere should always match the food.

One distinct South Beach element is the al-fresco dining, though a view of Ponce traffic isn’t exactly comparable to the Lincoln Road setting.

The Gables solution: a neo-Hemmingway motif. Flat screened televisions on the stenciled walls and stones inside steel-mesh

crates build on this modern maritime ambiance.

Another thing that stood out about Spris was the excellent service. Waiters eagerly offered recommendations on their favorite pizzas, and the manager visited my table at least twice, to make sure I was enjoying the meal. I noticed the manager greeting a couple by name. For a place that has been open for a mere three months, “regulars” are a great sign.

Now to the most important thing for any college student: the price.

Most entrees are under ten dollars, but when you start ordering antipastos and dessert, it can add up. The two-person bill came out to $43, including tip.

So though Spris made for an excellent dining experience, it didn’t really make a “regular” out of me. My advice: make Spris a definite must for a special occasion, but for your average late night pizza craving, leave it up to Little Caesar and his two-for-one Crazy Bread.

Spris is located at 2305 Ponce de Leon Blvd.

Alexandra Zayas can be reached at a.zayas2@umiami.edu.

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

It’s impossible for the Miami Hurricanes to ignore all the negative feedback which comes along with ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers’ win against the Virginia Tech Hokies was, for all intents and purposes, alr ...

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

The Canes know the importance a win over Virginia Tech on Saturday can have heading into the final w ...

The University of Miami women's golf team announced Thursday that international amateur standou ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

Tournament runs Nov. 21-24, 2019, in Charleston, S.C. ...