Campus Calendar

Elections for Student Government are just around the corner. Campaign to become a Senator and help improve life at UM for all undergraduate students. Elections are September 23rd-September 25. Mark your calendars and VOTE! To find out more about Student Government, available offices, and the election process, visit www.miami.edu/student-activities and click on Elections Commission.

AUGUST 30
Smokin’ Pitt at 11:30 a.m. in the UC Patio

“Happy Hour & Belly Bust” comedy show at 4:30 p.m. in the Rathskeller

AUGUST 31

The annual Freshmen Tailgate, sponsored by Athletics, takes place before the start of the first football game, UM vs. FAMU. For free food, drinks, prizes and a chance to go on the field before the game, meet Category 5 on the UC Rock August 31 at 3:30 pm. Any students, faculty or fans interested in helping with this event or before the home football games should email umathletics@hotmail.com. Transportation is provided to and from all home games. For information on Athletics visit www.hurricanesports.com.

Rattler Round-Up After-Party at 10 p.m. in the Rathskeller

SEPTEMBER 3

Yearbooks will be distributed tuesday morning adjacent to the Stanford Circle.

Optional SAFAC Budget Workshop for club treasurers at 3 p.m. in UC 245

If you have a voice with a rock edge and no shame, then Quantum Entertainment is looking for you. Come audition for the Rocky Horror Picture Show any time from 5 – 10 p.m. at the UC 2nd floor on Sept. 3, 4 or 6.

Scorpion King is showing at the Cosford Cinema at 8 & 10 p.m.

SEPTEMBER 4

Optional SAFAC Budget Workshop for club treasurers at 1 p.m. in UC 245

If you have a voice with a rock edge and no shame, then Quantum Entertainment is looking for you. Come audition for the Rocky Horror Picture Show any time from 5 – 10 p.m. at the UC 2nd floor on Sept. 4 or 6.

SEPTEMBER 5

Optional SAFAC Budget Workshop for club treasurers at 11 a.m. in UC 245

SEPTEMBER 6

Ferris Wheel Junkies on UC Patio at 11:30 a.m

Optional SAFAC Budget Workshop for club treasurers at 12 p.m. in UC 245

Applications for COSO and SAFAC membership due at 5 p.m. in the STIC

If you have a voice with a rock edge and no shame, then Quantum Entertainment is looking for you. Come audition for the Rocky Horror Picture Show any time from 5 – 10 p.m. at the UC 2nd floor on Sept. 6.

SEPTEMBER 7

Tailgate at 4 p.m. in the Rathskeller

SEPTEMBER 10

Starting today at 12 p.m., ‘Cane Cards will no longer be issued at the Registrar’s Office. Students must go to room 110 Ballen Hall at the School of Continuing Studies to obtain ‘Cane Cards. Hours of operation will be Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.

SEPTEMBER 15 –
OCTOBER 15

The Hispanic Heritage Month Committee and the Department of Multicultural Student Affairs is pleased to bring you National Hispanic Heritage Month. As part of the celebration, we have planned a month-long calendar that promises to have something for everyone. Join the University of Miami community in recognizing and exploring Hispanic culture and achievements. Opening Ceremonies are on Monday, Sept. 16 at noon on the University Center Patio. All events are free to the University of Miami community. Hope to see you there! For more information visit www.miami.edu/msa.

SEPTEMBER 16 – 19

Senior portraits will be taken starting September 16. Sign up at www.McGrathStudios.com. The password to register is Ibis. A sitting fee of $15 dollars will be charged.

The Gino DiMare era for the Miami Hurricanes couldn’t have started any better. In DiMare’s first gam ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The Shelley family shares their story of four generations at the University of Miami. ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team is a Lisa Leslie Center of the Year Aw ...