Campus Calendar

Elections for Student Government are just around the corner. Campaign to become a Senator and help improve life at UM for all undergraduate students. Elections are September 23rd-September 25. Mark your calendars and VOTE! To find out more about Student Government, available offices, and the election process, visit www.miami.edu/student-activities and click on Elections Commission.

AUGUST 30
Smokin’ Pitt at 11:30 a.m. in the UC Patio

“Happy Hour & Belly Bust” comedy show at 4:30 p.m. in the Rathskeller

AUGUST 31

The annual Freshmen Tailgate, sponsored by Athletics, takes place before the start of the first football game, UM vs. FAMU. For free food, drinks, prizes and a chance to go on the field before the game, meet Category 5 on the UC Rock August 31 at 3:30 pm. Any students, faculty or fans interested in helping with this event or before the home football games should email umathletics@hotmail.com. Transportation is provided to and from all home games. For information on Athletics visit www.hurricanesports.com.

Rattler Round-Up After-Party at 10 p.m. in the Rathskeller

SEPTEMBER 3

Yearbooks will be distributed tuesday morning adjacent to the Stanford Circle.

Optional SAFAC Budget Workshop for club treasurers at 3 p.m. in UC 245

If you have a voice with a rock edge and no shame, then Quantum Entertainment is looking for you. Come audition for the Rocky Horror Picture Show any time from 5 – 10 p.m. at the UC 2nd floor on Sept. 3, 4 or 6.

Scorpion King is showing at the Cosford Cinema at 8 & 10 p.m.

SEPTEMBER 4

Optional SAFAC Budget Workshop for club treasurers at 1 p.m. in UC 245

If you have a voice with a rock edge and no shame, then Quantum Entertainment is looking for you. Come audition for the Rocky Horror Picture Show any time from 5 – 10 p.m. at the UC 2nd floor on Sept. 4 or 6.

SEPTEMBER 5

Optional SAFAC Budget Workshop for club treasurers at 11 a.m. in UC 245

SEPTEMBER 6

Ferris Wheel Junkies on UC Patio at 11:30 a.m

Optional SAFAC Budget Workshop for club treasurers at 12 p.m. in UC 245

Applications for COSO and SAFAC membership due at 5 p.m. in the STIC

If you have a voice with a rock edge and no shame, then Quantum Entertainment is looking for you. Come audition for the Rocky Horror Picture Show any time from 5 – 10 p.m. at the UC 2nd floor on Sept. 6.

SEPTEMBER 7

Tailgate at 4 p.m. in the Rathskeller

SEPTEMBER 10

Starting today at 12 p.m., ‘Cane Cards will no longer be issued at the Registrar’s Office. Students must go to room 110 Ballen Hall at the School of Continuing Studies to obtain ‘Cane Cards. Hours of operation will be Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.

SEPTEMBER 15 –
OCTOBER 15

The Hispanic Heritage Month Committee and the Department of Multicultural Student Affairs is pleased to bring you National Hispanic Heritage Month. As part of the celebration, we have planned a month-long calendar that promises to have something for everyone. Join the University of Miami community in recognizing and exploring Hispanic culture and achievements. Opening Ceremonies are on Monday, Sept. 16 at noon on the University Center Patio. All events are free to the University of Miami community. Hope to see you there! For more information visit www.miami.edu/msa.

SEPTEMBER 16 – 19

Senior portraits will be taken starting September 16. Sign up at www.McGrathStudios.com. The password to register is Ibis. A sitting fee of $15 dollars will be charged.

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

It took a long time for Dewan Hernandez to reach a point of acceptance for what happened to his juni ...

The life of a fullback isn’t always glamorous, even 15 years ago before the position was essentially ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Two University of Miami a cappella groups, Tufaan and BisCaydence, celebrated big wins in different ...

After Alabama’s governor signed into law the most-stringent anti-abortion bill in the nation, UM exp ...

Chris McMahon struck out six over five shutout innings to earn his first win since April 6. ...

Miami's Second Varsity Four earned a bronze medal at the 2019 ACC Rowing Championships Saturday ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is the ITA Southeast Region Arthur Ashe ...

100 days until Miami – Florida LVI. The countdown is on. ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...