Campus Calendar

Elections for Student Government are just around the corner. Campaign to become a Senator and help improve life at UM for all undergraduate students. Elections are September 23rd-September 25. Mark your calendars and VOTE! To find out more about Student Government, available offices, and the election process, visit www.miami.edu/student-activities and click on Elections Commission.

AUGUST 30
Smokin’ Pitt at 11:30 a.m. in the UC Patio

“Happy Hour & Belly Bust” comedy show at 4:30 p.m. in the Rathskeller

AUGUST 31

The annual Freshmen Tailgate, sponsored by Athletics, takes place before the start of the first football game, UM vs. FAMU. For free food, drinks, prizes and a chance to go on the field before the game, meet Category 5 on the UC Rock August 31 at 3:30 pm. Any students, faculty or fans interested in helping with this event or before the home football games should email umathletics@hotmail.com. Transportation is provided to and from all home games. For information on Athletics visit www.hurricanesports.com.

Rattler Round-Up After-Party at 10 p.m. in the Rathskeller

SEPTEMBER 3

Yearbooks will be distributed tuesday morning adjacent to the Stanford Circle.

Optional SAFAC Budget Workshop for club treasurers at 3 p.m. in UC 245

If you have a voice with a rock edge and no shame, then Quantum Entertainment is looking for you. Come audition for the Rocky Horror Picture Show any time from 5 – 10 p.m. at the UC 2nd floor on Sept. 3, 4 or 6.

Scorpion King is showing at the Cosford Cinema at 8 & 10 p.m.

SEPTEMBER 4

Optional SAFAC Budget Workshop for club treasurers at 1 p.m. in UC 245

If you have a voice with a rock edge and no shame, then Quantum Entertainment is looking for you. Come audition for the Rocky Horror Picture Show any time from 5 – 10 p.m. at the UC 2nd floor on Sept. 4 or 6.

SEPTEMBER 5

Optional SAFAC Budget Workshop for club treasurers at 11 a.m. in UC 245

SEPTEMBER 6

Ferris Wheel Junkies on UC Patio at 11:30 a.m

Optional SAFAC Budget Workshop for club treasurers at 12 p.m. in UC 245

Applications for COSO and SAFAC membership due at 5 p.m. in the STIC

If you have a voice with a rock edge and no shame, then Quantum Entertainment is looking for you. Come audition for the Rocky Horror Picture Show any time from 5 – 10 p.m. at the UC 2nd floor on Sept. 6.

SEPTEMBER 7

Tailgate at 4 p.m. in the Rathskeller

SEPTEMBER 10

Starting today at 12 p.m., ‘Cane Cards will no longer be issued at the Registrar’s Office. Students must go to room 110 Ballen Hall at the School of Continuing Studies to obtain ‘Cane Cards. Hours of operation will be Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.

SEPTEMBER 15 –
OCTOBER 15

The Hispanic Heritage Month Committee and the Department of Multicultural Student Affairs is pleased to bring you National Hispanic Heritage Month. As part of the celebration, we have planned a month-long calendar that promises to have something for everyone. Join the University of Miami community in recognizing and exploring Hispanic culture and achievements. Opening Ceremonies are on Monday, Sept. 16 at noon on the University Center Patio. All events are free to the University of Miami community. Hope to see you there! For more information visit www.miami.edu/msa.

SEPTEMBER 16 – 19

Senior portraits will be taken starting September 16. Sign up at www.McGrathStudios.com. The password to register is Ibis. A sitting fee of $15 dollars will be charged.

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

Miami redshirt senior quarterback Malik Rosier was named to the preseason watch list for the Manning ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews revealed Thursday the team's schedule ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...