Whitely welcome freshmen

Dear New Student,

Welcome to the University of Miami, and congratulations on your decision to attend one of the finest educational institutions in Higher Education.
You are approximately one of 13,000 students from all 50 states and over 112 foreign countries who will attend the University this year. You follow in the footsteps of many renowned scholars, Pulitzer Prize winners, Rhodes Scholars, Fulbright Scholars, two Heisman Trophy winners, Congressmen, CEOs and over 138,000 successful alumni.
The University of Miami was recently recognized as a Character-Building Institution by the Templeton Foundation. We strive for all of our student life opportunities to provide you a chance to develop your leadership skills.
Take charge of your life! Develop your skills and talents by maximizing your academic opportunities and tapping into the “real life experiences” through student organizations and other activities, which will assist you in contributing to our community as an effective leader.
A multitude of opportunities await you…now it’s your turn. I look forward to formally welcoming you during Orientation 2002. Best wishes for academic and personal success.

Sincerely,

Patricia A. Whitely
Vice President for Student Affairs

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

It took a long time for Dewan Hernandez to reach a point of acceptance for what happened to his juni ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Two University of Miami a cappella groups, Tufaan and BisCaydence, celebrated big wins in different ...

After Alabama’s governor signed into law the most-stringent anti-abortion bill in the nation, UM exp ...

The Canes are the top team in Pool D in Durham, joined by No. 5 North Carolina and No. 9 Virginia. ...

The matchups are set for the NCAA Singles Championship and NCAA Doubles Championship at the USTA Nat ...

Adria Soriano Barrera begins competition in the singles draw Monday at 5 p.m. with a contest against ...

Chris McMahon struck out six over five shutout innings to earn his first win since April 6. ...

Miami's Second Varsity Four earned a bronze medal at the 2019 ACC Rowing Championships Saturday ...