Welcome: Letters from friends

Dear New Student,

Welcome to the University of Miami. You are about to embark on some of the most exciting and rewarding times of your life! We are thrilled that you have chosen our institution for your continued educational experiences.

You join the University of Miami at an important time in history. Last October we celebrated our 75th anniversary, and although still relatively young, the University of Miami is one of the leading private research universities in the nation. Your attendance at our university continues to enhance our nationally renowned reputation.

As a member of the class of 2006, you have a strong foundation to build upon, and your involvement will ensure that our University continues to grow as a leader in education.
We hope you make the most of your time on campus. Study hard and get involved. Go Canes!

Sincerely,

Donna E. Shalala

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

It’s a rule Miami Hurricanes freshman defensive tackle Nesta Silvera knew about already. But in no w ...

A quick update from University of Miami football practice No. 8, two days after the first fall scrim ...

That dangerous University of Miami defense that dominated last season? Still dominating — the first- ...

Please don’t call DeeJay Dallas a running back. On second thought, you can call him a running back, ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...