Welcome: Letters from friends

Dear New Student,

Welcome to the University of Miami. You are about to embark on some of the most exciting and rewarding times of your life! We are thrilled that you have chosen our institution for your continued educational experiences.

You join the University of Miami at an important time in history. Last October we celebrated our 75th anniversary, and although still relatively young, the University of Miami is one of the leading private research universities in the nation. Your attendance at our university continues to enhance our nationally renowned reputation.

As a member of the class of 2006, you have a strong foundation to build upon, and your involvement will ensure that our University continues to grow as a leader in education.
We hope you make the most of your time on campus. Study hard and get involved. Go Canes!

Sincerely,

Donna E. Shalala

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...