UM offers schools for all

Architecture

305-284-3438

The school of architecture offers a bachelor of architecture degree. The school of architecture is located along Lake Osceola. Incoming students are not required to submit a portfolio, but are recommended.

Architect majors have a very rigorous academic schedule. Many long hours are dedicated to the 10-semester program. Many architects’ majors will be found studying abroad in cities like Florence, Italy.

Arts and Sciences

305-284-4117

The School of Arts and Sciences offers 4 degree options: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Health Science, and Bachelor of Liberal Arts.

The school offers a multitude of majors and minors. There are an approximate 40 majors available.

This year, the School of Arts and Sciences has a new Dean, Dr. James Wyche. Dr. Wyches job as Dean will begin in August, and he will definitely bring around change.

Business Administration

305-284-4643

The School of Business Administration offers both a Bachelor of Business Administration and a Bachelor of Science in Systems Analysis.

The School of Business offers 13 majors for their students: accounting, business management and organization, computer information systems, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, human resources management, international finance and marketing, legal studies, marketing, political science, sports management, and systems analysis.

The School of Business is one of 149 in the country that has accreditation of its accounting program. The school encourages you to talk with the administrators and faculty to understand what the programs have to offer.

Communication

305-284-2265

The School of Communication offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Communication and a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Visual Communication.

The School of Communication offers a total of 10 majors including: advertising, public relations, broadcasting, broadcast journalism, media management, print journalism, photography, motion picture, video film, and a general communication major.

This year, the School of Communication was able to move into its newly built, Frances L. Wolfson School of Communications Building. This building was built specifically for the school, with advanced computer labs, filming equipment, and cable studios.

Continuing Studies

305-284-4000

The School of Continuing Studies offers a Bachelor of General Studies Degree.

This degree is offered to adult working professionals, who return to college to increase their education. This is a part-time, interdisciplinary liberal arts degree based out of this school.

The School of Continuing Studies offers the availability to focus ones needs. Each student has more freedom with picking and choosing courses that would substantiate the need of the student.

There are also multiple non-credit courses offered through this school. These classes are educational training opportunities in the areas of computer programming, languages, business analysis, and many more.

Education

305-284-3711

The School of Education offers a Bachelor of Science in Education.

There are three majors offered through this school: elementary education, special education, and athletic training. The college also requires a double minor with the College of Arts and Sciences.

The school of education has been awarded over $7,000,000 in education awards to research in the upcoming year.

In conjunction with the College of Arts and Science, Teaching and Learning offers certification in secondary education in the following areas: Chemistry, Biology, Social Science, and English.

Engineering

305-284-2404

The School of Engineering is also known for having a difficult curriculum. The School offers a Bachelor of Science degree in 12 different majors.

The 12 different majors in Engineering are: Architectural, Biomedical, Audio, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Engineering Science, Industrial, Information Technology, Manufacturing, Mechanical, and Wireless.

The School of Engineering offers a great opportunity with graduate degrees. In many disciplines of engineering, the school offers dual bachelors and master’s degree, which can usually be accomplished within 5 years.

Music

305-284-2241

The School of Music offers a Bachelor of Arts in Music.

The School of Music has a very different entrance policy, requiring a very difficult audition, high grades, and strong enthusiasm for the art.

They offer majors in music performance, studio music, jazz, music engineering technology, and music business.

Students in the School of Music always have a demanding course load, usually taking on average 18 credits per semester. Then they have multiple 0 credit courses, which had to the rigorous year.

Nursing

305-284-3666

The School of Nursing is a great school that offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. The school also offers a R.N.-B.S.N program, that integrates the knowledge of previous nursing experience.

Nursing is a highly demanded field, with many opportunities to for advancement. The School of Nursing recently received a $5,000,000 for further adancement.

The School also has groundbreaking in less than a year for a new location. Currently, the school will have a new building by 2004, which will improve the education by that much more.

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...