Student organizations at a glimpse

A Week for Life…
educates the community about HIV/AIDS through a week of programming that celebrates life.

Ad Group…
stimulates interest in the advertising world outside of the classroom and provides a better understanding of the functions of the field.

Adrian Empire…
www.adrianempire.org
members recreate, study, and enjoy all things of Medieval Times by participating in arts and crafts, combat, and ministry.

African Students Union…
asu.studorg@miami.edu
promotes the awareness of African cultures and traditions, serves as an educational resource, and encourages greater interaction and cultural tolerance within the community.

Aikido Club…
www.miami.edu/studorgs/aikido
aikido.studorg@miami.edu
provides instruction and practice of the techniques of Aikido, a martial art.

Alpha Epsilon Delta…
www.miami.edu/studorgs/aed
offers pre-medical students a chance to experience the medical field in the only pre-medical honor society on campus.

Alpha Eta Mu Beta…
is an honor society for students in the field of biomedical engineering.

Alpha Kappa Psi…
www.umakpsi.com
akpsicanes@hotmail.com
exposes students to the business world and helps to develop well-trained, ethical, skilled, resourceful and experienced business leaders.

Alpha Mu Music Therapy Club…
provides programming about (and volunteer opportunities) in the healing effects of music.

Alternative Spring Break…
www.miami.edu/studorgs/umalternativebreaks
umalternativebreaks.studorg@miami.edu
gives students the opportunity to travel in groups to various cities and spend the week volunteering and addressing certain issues ranging in diversity from hunger and homelessness and AIDS/HIV to children’s issues and the environment.

American Association of
Pre-Dental Students…
helps pre-dental students gain practical experience in the field through lectures, volunteer activities, and observation.

American Civil Liberties Union…
www.aclu.org
works as freedom’s watchdog, working daily in courts, legislatures and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to all people in this country by the Constitution and the laws of the United States.

American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics…
aiaa_meetings@yahoo.com
is dedicated to the development of engineering and science in aerospace and aviation.

American Institute of Architecture Students…
clik.to/aiasum
aias_um@hotmail.com
promotes the appreciation of architecture and its related disciplines.

American Medical Student Association, Premedical Chapter…
www.amsa.go.to
amsa.studorg@miami.edu
serves as a forum for discussion of health issues and promotes programs which enhance healthcare.

American Society of Civil Engineers…
enhances the quality of life worldwide by advancing professional knowledge and improving the practice of civil engineering.

American Society of Mechanical Engineers…
www.eng.miami.edu/~umasme
umasme@coeds.eng.miami.edu
promotes the field of mechanical engineering and helps develop the professional skills of its members.

Amnesty International…
is a worldwide campaigning movement that works to promote all the human rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Animal Allies…
www.miami.edu/studorgs/hha
hha.studorg@miami.edu
helps increase the humanity and compassion for animals.

Anthropology Club…
apyclub@umiami.ir.miami.edu
promotes student participation in the field of anthropology by involving them in research, field work, and related activities.

Architectural Engineering Institute…
aei_um@yahoo.com
educates students on the importance of architectural engineering and makes them aware of their role in construction projects.

Art and Design Society…
promotes general art awareness, especially student art.

Asian American Students Association…
www.miami.edu/studorgs/aasa
aasamiami@hotmail.com
promotes the unity of Asians form different nationalities and backgrounds, and fosters leadership in the Asian community.

Asian Musician Association…
um_acma@yahoo.com
promotes Asian music to the community and provides opportunities for students to compose and perform.

Association for Computing Machinery…
rabbit.eng.miami.edu/~acm
acm@rabbit.eng.miami.edu
promotes the use and enjoyment of computers and computing.

Association of Commuter Students…
www.miami.edu/studorgs/acs
acs.studorg@miami.edu
extends the comfort of living on campus to the commuter student population while promoting student involvement in University and commuter activities and programs.

Association of Cuban-American Engineers…
coeds.eng.miami.edu/~umace
umace@coeds.eng.miami.edu
promotes the advancement of Cuban-American engineers in employment and education and develops participation in programs which benefit students seeking technical degrees.

Association of Greek Letter Organizations…
represents the Federation of Historically Black Greek Letter Organizations, the Interfraternity Council, the Latino Greek Council, and the Panhellenic Association.

Association of Officials and Event Specialists…
provides the opportunity to learn the skills of officiating and event management.

Astronomy Club…
server.physics.miami.edu/~observatory
observatory@physics.miami.edu
promotes astronomical events and research and to direct the Nicholas Copernicus Observatory and other astronomical fixtures on campus.

Athletes in Action…
www.athletesinaction.org
reaches out in the United States and resource the world for Jesus Christ through the influence of sports.

Audio Engineering Society…
www.eng.miami.edu/~umaes
miami@aes.org
promotes educational and scientific knowledge in audio engineering and advances the science in both theoretical and practical application.

AWARE!…
increases awareness about the AIDS epidemic and the risky behaviors associated with the disease.

BACCHUS…
www.miami.edu/studorgs/bacchus
umiamibacchus@hotmail.com
educates about alcohol and other drugs, their dangers, and abuses, and promotes safe and responsible use of alcohol.

Badminton…
www.miami.edu/wellness-clubs/badminton/
provides the opportunity to participate competitively in badminton games.

Baptist Collegiate Ministries…
www.miami.edu/studorgs/miamibcm
miamibcm@yahoo.com
serves to be a true representation of the body of Christ in the community in order to move our world into His kingdom.

Best Buddies…
www.miami.edu/studorgs/bestbuddies
matches students in a one-to-one mentor program with mentally disabled persons in the community.

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

It’s a rule Miami Hurricanes freshman defensive tackle Nesta Silvera knew about already. But in no w ...

A quick update from University of Miami football practice No. 8, two days after the first fall scrim ...

That dangerous University of Miami defense that dominated last season? Still dominating — the first- ...

Please don’t call DeeJay Dallas a running back. On second thought, you can call him a running back, ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...