PARKING ON CAMPUS

****Important Parking Facts****

1. A valid University of Miami parking permit must be displayed in each motorized vehicle that is parked on the Coral Gables campus.

2. Perimeter Parking
Perimeter lots (Ponce Garage, Metro North and South, Scodella, Red Road North and South, Liguria, and Brescia) generally have a greater availability of parking spaces. Park in the perimeter lots and ride the convenient Hurry ‘Cane Shuttle to your campus destination.

3. Reserved/Service Spaces
All Reserved and Service spaces are specifically designated with pre-casts (concrete slabs on the ground). Avoid possible citation and tow by not parking in these spaces.

4. Meters
Parking Meters are for Visitors Only! All students, faculty, and employees must purchase a parking permit, and park in designated spaces.

5. Coral Gables Streets
Remember, meters on the following streets are controlled and enforced by the City of Coral Gables (not the University of Miami):
* Stanford Drive
* Dickinson Drive
* San Amaro Drive (aka Hurricane Drive)
* Pavia Street
* Pisano Avenue

6. Details of the University of Miami’s parking regulations are published in the
“Moving Vehicle Parking Code”, a copy of which is given to each person who purchases a University of Miami parking permit. Copies of the Code are also available from the Parking Department, or on line at www.miami.edu/parking/code .

Acquisition of Additional Parking Spaces
Construction in the multi-phase Parking Management Plan began in March 2002. The Plan includes the construction of new surface and garage parking spaces; the re-designation of existing lots; improvements in frequency, hours and service areas to the existing Hurry ‘Cane Shuttle system; additional security; new lighting; and pricing modifications.
Construction of two additional floors atop the existing Ponce Garage will yield a total of 1052 spaces.
Current construction of the Pavia Garage, opposite the Daystar Health Center, will yield 561 spaces, while building the Mahoney/Pearson garage adjacent to the residence hall will yield approximately 636 spaces. The location of these new garages will improve parking on the core of the campus for faculty, staff and students and provide needed parking for visitors to the campus. The two garages will have twenty-four hour security facilities equipped with closed circuit television monitors, information booths, and blue light emergency telephones.
Construction on the new Plumer Lot is scheduled to begin during the Fall 2002semester. To be located on Ponce de Leon Boulevard, this lot I will yield another 78 parking spaces

Discount Parking
Once expansion construction is completed, the entire Ponce Garage will be converted from standard to discount pricing, as will the existing Scodella lot at Brescia Avenue and Red Road. With the conversion of the Ponce Garage and Scodella to discount parking, and the recent completion of the new Red Road North and South and Liguria discount lots, along with the existing Metro North and South discount lots there will be nearly 1800 discounted spaces on the Coral Gables campus. This is a major increase over the previous 200 discounted spaces.
The Hurry ‘Cane Shuttle makes convenient stops in or near all the discount parking lots. For instance, the Metro South lot is located next to the University Metrorail Station which is served by the Hurry ‘Cane Shuttle, as is the Metro North lot. Within five minutes, you can be transported to the Stanford Circle stop and the adjacent School of Business, Merrick Building, and Whitten University Center. For those who purchase the Discount parking permit, the discount lots coupled with the Hurry ‘Cane Shuttle add up to a very economical alternative among the available parking options.
EASY Permit
In order to facilitate the distribution of parking permits, UM Parking & Transportation Services offers a permit pre-payment program to students via the on-line EASY system. Students are strongly encouraged to apply for their UM Commuter or Resident Student parking permit via the on-line EASY system. Please visit the web site at: www.miami.edu/easy
This program offers students the opportunity to select and pre-pay the appropriate parking permit prior to arriving on campus, and will reduce wait time upon arriving on campus to pick up your permit at Registration Arena, August 22-27, or at Parking & Transportation Services in the Ponce Garage. Parking permits are not mailed.
Day-Pass Machine
For your convenience day-pass machines are located in both the Ponce Garage and the Pavia Garage. These machines are:
* Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
* Constantly monitored by a security camera
* Programmed to dispense 1 to 5 day passes (in 24 hour elapsed time periods)
* Passes valid in all Sun, Palm, Ibis, and Seashell Lots
* Equipped for cash purchases only
* Posted with detailed operating instructions

While the University of Miami has just three Class of 2019 oral commitments on offense, the Canes ha ...

Gerald Willis’ monster season has earned another piece of national recognition. On Monday, the Miami ...

It hasn’t been a great few weeks on the recruiting trail for the Miami Hurricanes with regards to of ...

A six-pack of Heat notes, leading up to Heat-Lakers on Monday night: ▪ In the days before one of his ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...