Historically Black Greek Letter Organizations

On February 27, 1985, the Federation of Historically Black Greek Letter Organization (FBG) was founded at the University of Miami. This last year, FBG changed its name to the National Pan-Hellenic Council. (NPHC) It has been a strong asset to the University of Miami participating in events like Homecoming, Black Awareness Month, and many other philanthropic events.

There are nine National Pan-Hellenic fraternities and sororities nationally, and seven are now active at the University of Miami. The organizations at the University are:

Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.

Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...