Historically Black Greek Letter Organizations

On February 27, 1985, the Federation of Historically Black Greek Letter Organization (FBG) was founded at the University of Miami. This last year, FBG changed its name to the National Pan-Hellenic Council. (NPHC) It has been a strong asset to the University of Miami participating in events like Homecoming, Black Awareness Month, and many other philanthropic events.

There are nine National Pan-Hellenic fraternities and sororities nationally, and seven are now active at the University of Miami. The organizations at the University are:

Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.

Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...