Fraternities win prizes in national conference

In 1776, the American College Fraternity Movement was founded. Since the founding, fraternities have grown and strived to exemplify their virtues. Diligence, honor, and integrity are paramount in a fraternity man’s life.

Fraternity men represent a very small percentage in the United States population; only 2%. These men have excelled beyond expectations. These men are some of the strongest political leaders, social activists and business executive officers. Fraternity men are some of the strongest men in the United States.

The Interfraternity Council [IFC] governs the University of Miami’s fraternity community. The IFC is made of all fraternity chapter presidents and one other delegate from each chapter. The IFC hold bi-weekly meetings at which fraternities have the opportunity to meet and network together.

Last year the University of Miami IFC attended the Southeastern Interfraternity Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. The UM IFC, as well as more than 25 other IFCs, had the opportunity to apply for more than 16 regional awards. The University of Miami’s Interfraternity Council won 7 of them.

Men’s recruitment starts as soon as school begins. So, if any student is interested in recruitment, or Greek Life in general, stop by the Greek Life table in the University Center Breezeway.

Compiled by Mike Johnston

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

He’s certainly not a veteran, but for the first time in his college football career, redshirt freshm ...

This November feels a lot more like March for the 24th-ranked University of Miami women’s basketball ...

For a month at a time, Louis Hedley would find himself in the deserts of Australia. His chances at m ...

It has been a trying season for college football fans of two Sunshine State programs: Florida State ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

UM’s robotics team recently obtained a new robot with the goal of helping aging individuals. ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce the s ...

Isaiah Wong and Anthony Walker will join Canes for 2019-20 season. ...

Three University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes – Adria Soriano Barrera, Bojan Jankulov ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team checks in at seventh in the country in ...