Fraternities win prizes in national conference

In 1776, the American College Fraternity Movement was founded. Since the founding, fraternities have grown and strived to exemplify their virtues. Diligence, honor, and integrity are paramount in a fraternity man’s life.

Fraternity men represent a very small percentage in the United States population; only 2%. These men have excelled beyond expectations. These men are some of the strongest political leaders, social activists and business executive officers. Fraternity men are some of the strongest men in the United States.

The Interfraternity Council [IFC] governs the University of Miami’s fraternity community. The IFC is made of all fraternity chapter presidents and one other delegate from each chapter. The IFC hold bi-weekly meetings at which fraternities have the opportunity to meet and network together.

Last year the University of Miami IFC attended the Southeastern Interfraternity Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. The UM IFC, as well as more than 25 other IFCs, had the opportunity to apply for more than 16 regional awards. The University of Miami’s Interfraternity Council won 7 of them.

Men’s recruitment starts as soon as school begins. So, if any student is interested in recruitment, or Greek Life in general, stop by the Greek Life table in the University Center Breezeway.

Compiled by Mike Johnston

At 7:27 p.m Tuesday, University of Miami football coach Manny Diaz tweeted a GIF of a swirling Hurri ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ As Miami awaits decisions from its potential 2019 qua ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday night: ▪ FIU has decided that its Nov. 23 football game agains ...

Dewan Hernandez hit another NCAA roadblock on Monday, but the University of Miami forward will take ...

Jeff Thomas will be joining the Illinois Fighting Illini after all. After a few days of discussion a ...

Grantees aim to eliminate opportunity gaps and biases in different realms and improve brain injury t ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

For more than 77 years, UM Hillel has provided a vibrant and diverse “home-away-from-home” that is f ...

University of Miami experts weigh in on the largest increase in carbon emissions in eight years. ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

Pictures from the No. 17 Miami women's tennis team's season-opening action in the Miami Sp ...