Fraternities win prizes in national conference

In 1776, the American College Fraternity Movement was founded. Since the founding, fraternities have grown and strived to exemplify their virtues. Diligence, honor, and integrity are paramount in a fraternity man’s life.

Fraternity men represent a very small percentage in the United States population; only 2%. These men have excelled beyond expectations. These men are some of the strongest political leaders, social activists and business executive officers. Fraternity men are some of the strongest men in the United States.

The Interfraternity Council [IFC] governs the University of Miami’s fraternity community. The IFC is made of all fraternity chapter presidents and one other delegate from each chapter. The IFC hold bi-weekly meetings at which fraternities have the opportunity to meet and network together.

Last year the University of Miami IFC attended the Southeastern Interfraternity Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. The UM IFC, as well as more than 25 other IFCs, had the opportunity to apply for more than 16 regional awards. The University of Miami’s Interfraternity Council won 7 of them.

Men’s recruitment starts as soon as school begins. So, if any student is interested in recruitment, or Greek Life in general, stop by the Greek Life table in the University Center Breezeway.

Compiled by Mike Johnston

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...