Top FIVE performances of 2001-2003

#1 Ken Dorsey and Andre Johnson vs. Nebraska
Dorsey was 22-of-35 for 362 yards and his Co-MVP, Andre Johnson caught seven passes for 199 yards and two touchdowns. The Hurricanes never looked back after the duo hooked up for a game-long 49-yard touchdown pass with 6:58 left in the first quarter to take the early 7-0 lead.

#2 Imre Lengyel vs. NCAA
The senior from Hungary came into the NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships and was crowned National Champion in platform diving (620.25), easily defeating the University of Texas’s Justin Dumais (577.15).

#3 Aaron Moser vs. USA
Competing against the top athletes in the country (collegiate and professional), Moser recorded a two-day total of 5,720 points and finished second in the heptathlon at the 2002 USA Men’s Indoor Heptathlon Championship in Chapel Hill, NC. Moser, who recorded personal-best marks in the 60-meters (6.89), shot put (13.56 meters/44-06.00) and high jump (1.95 meters/6-04.75) during day one, won the pole vault on day two with a vault of 5.03 meters (16-06.00) en route to posting the best score in the heptathlon by a collegian this season. Had it been a World Championship year, Moser would have qualified to represent the United States.

#4 Camilla Hilland vs. Florida
Hilland sank an 18-foot par putt on the tournament’s final hole to hold off a late charge by Florida State’s Kristin Tamulis and win the Ryder Florida Women’s Collegiate Golf Championship. Hilland, the first Hurricane since Tracy Kerdyk in 1988 to win the state championship, posted a three-round total of 219 to finish one-stroke ahead of Tamulis (220).

#5 Bryant McKinnie vs. Dwight Freeney
In Miami’s 59-0 blowout over Syracuse at the Orange Bowl, offensive tackle McKinnie allowed no sacks or tackles against the highly touted defensive lineman. McKinnie, drafted in the first round by the Minnesota Vikings (7), surrendered no sacks in his collegiate career. Freeney finished the season with 17.5 sacks and was drafted in the first round by the Indianapolis Colts (11).

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

It’s a rule Miami Hurricanes freshman defensive tackle Nesta Silvera knew about already. But in no w ...

A quick update from University of Miami football practice No. 8, two days after the first fall scrim ...

That dangerous University of Miami defense that dominated last season? Still dominating — the first- ...

Please don’t call DeeJay Dallas a running back. On second thought, you can call him a running back, ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...