Top FIVE performances of 2001-2003

#1 Ken Dorsey and Andre Johnson vs. Nebraska
Dorsey was 22-of-35 for 362 yards and his Co-MVP, Andre Johnson caught seven passes for 199 yards and two touchdowns. The Hurricanes never looked back after the duo hooked up for a game-long 49-yard touchdown pass with 6:58 left in the first quarter to take the early 7-0 lead.

#2 Imre Lengyel vs. NCAA
The senior from Hungary came into the NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships and was crowned National Champion in platform diving (620.25), easily defeating the University of Texas’s Justin Dumais (577.15).

#3 Aaron Moser vs. USA
Competing against the top athletes in the country (collegiate and professional), Moser recorded a two-day total of 5,720 points and finished second in the heptathlon at the 2002 USA Men’s Indoor Heptathlon Championship in Chapel Hill, NC. Moser, who recorded personal-best marks in the 60-meters (6.89), shot put (13.56 meters/44-06.00) and high jump (1.95 meters/6-04.75) during day one, won the pole vault on day two with a vault of 5.03 meters (16-06.00) en route to posting the best score in the heptathlon by a collegian this season. Had it been a World Championship year, Moser would have qualified to represent the United States.

#4 Camilla Hilland vs. Florida
Hilland sank an 18-foot par putt on the tournament’s final hole to hold off a late charge by Florida State’s Kristin Tamulis and win the Ryder Florida Women’s Collegiate Golf Championship. Hilland, the first Hurricane since Tracy Kerdyk in 1988 to win the state championship, posted a three-round total of 219 to finish one-stroke ahead of Tamulis (220).

#5 Bryant McKinnie vs. Dwight Freeney
In Miami’s 59-0 blowout over Syracuse at the Orange Bowl, offensive tackle McKinnie allowed no sacks or tackles against the highly touted defensive lineman. McKinnie, drafted in the first round by the Minnesota Vikings (7), surrendered no sacks in his collegiate career. Freeney finished the season with 17.5 sacks and was drafted in the first round by the Indianapolis Colts (11).

The Gino DiMare era for the Miami Hurricanes couldn’t have started any better. In DiMare’s first gam ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The Shelley family shares their story of four generations at the University of Miami. ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team is a Lisa Leslie Center of the Year Aw ...