Culture

Summer Movie Review

Summer is never complete without the mega-bucks blockbusters. Here are this summer’s expected big hits:

Spider-Man (May 3)
Following the grand tradition of comic-book-turned-box-office-hits, Spider-Man definitely has a lot to live up to. After nerdy high school student Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) is bitten by a radioactive spider, he develops the “spider sense,” among other superhero powers, he must use to save New York from a Green Goblin and win over the affections of Mary Jane Watson (Kirsten Dunst).

Star Wars Episode II:
Attack of the Clones
(May 16)
It’s that time again for Star Wars fanatics to break out their plastic light sabers and reserve their tickets a week in advance. Ten years have passed since ‘Phantom Menace,’ and Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) is a young Jedi, ready for a romance forbidden by the Jedi code. His focus: Padm

An online seminar sponsored by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas

The first presidential debate between President Donald J. Trump and former vice president and democr

As the Miami Hurricanes take on Florida State, University of Miami students are invited to a Friday-

Linguist Caleb Everett reminds us that the mind has yet to grasp the modern world’s explosion of mas