Fun in the Sun Summer Plans for Miami and Florida

So summer is finally here, you’re staying in Miami, and you have no clue what to do with your time. Fear not! Even if you’re taking summer courses, you’ll still have plenty of free time to enjoy everything Miami has to offer.

Play the tourist
Now is the time to bring out the camera, slap on the sunscreen, and see the sights. Without the pressure of friends thinking you’re a dork for doing it (since they’ve all gone home for the summer), you can finally see the tourists’ points of interest in Miami.

Vizcaya Museum and Gardens (3251 S. Miami Ave.)
Built in the 1800s by the exceedingly rich James Deering, Vizcaya is an exact replica of a Venetian villa. The massive house still has most of the original furniture and is now a museum. Most of the extensive gardens have been sold, but the small lot that remains, along with the house, are in pristine condition.

Museum of Science and Space Transit Planetarium (3280 S. Miami Ave.)

This is the place to let the inner five-year-old in you run about. A hands-on museum, the exhibits change several times a year- from dinosaurs you move yourself to “The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly,” an exhibit about bacteria. The planetarium has, besides the more traditional stars and planets, laser shows to the sounds of Pink Floyd and other musicians during weekends.

Bayside Marketplace (Bayfront Park, Port of Miami)
From here, not only can you shop at very exclusive and expensive stores, you can eat at exclusive and expensive restaurants. Otherwise, this is a great place to go people-watching. All kinds of people come here- from the fru-fru European-types to the guys who sleep out in Bicentennial Park and everyone in between. There is also the Hard Rock Caf

Seniors Emily Gossett, Millie Chokshi, and Jason Kaplan are eager to implement their platform throug ...

Follow the sights and sounds of the pregame festivities in Orlando leading up to Saturday’s big game ...

A team of researchers created the first mapping model of its kind to track how hate spreads and adap ...

University of Miami professors who study water treatment and civil engineering say that water contam ...

University of Miami experts in health geography, law, and public health weigh in on some of the issu ...

Head coach Manny Diaz and The New Miami will make their debut against an old rival, facing No. 8 Flo ...

Senior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Michael Pinckney and Zach McCloud have already made history ...

Check out the latest issue of Hurricane Magazine, featuring stories on Canes football, basketball, s ...

UM women's soccer opened its 2019 campaign by blowing past UTRGV, 4-0. ...

The Hurricanes kick off their 2019 soccer campaign Thursday night against UTRGV. ...