Entertainment News

Tonight

94.9 ZETA FM’s Bonzai! Festival featuring Gravity Kills, Kid Rock, Puddle of Mudd, Sevendust, Rob Zombie, and Fu Manchu at Bicentennial Park, 1075 Biscayne Blvd. Show starts at 2 p.m. and tickets are $25. For more info, call 305-358-5885.

Face to Face performs live at Ovation, 3637 S. Federal Hwy. Show starts at 6 p.m. and tickets are $15. For more info, call 561-966-3309.

Lose the Rookie performs live at Revolver, 5922 S. Dixie Hwy. Show starts at 11 p.m. and tickets are $6.

The Exit and The Stryder perform live at Churchill’s Pub, 5501 N.E. 2nd Ave. Show starts at 10 p.m. and cover is $8.

Saturday

Dear Starlet and Fashionista perform live at Poptopia in the Billabong Pub, 3000 Country Club Lane, one block west of I-95 and Hallandale Beach Blvd. Show starts at 9 p.m. For more info, call 954-985-1050 or visit www.whirlawaymusic.com.

Molson Chiller Beer Party with the Crystal Method at South Beach, 11 Street and Ocean Drive. Show is for 21 and over and starts at 1 p.m. Tickets are $20. For more info, call 305-358-5885.

Sunday

52nd School of Communication Awards Banquet at the Omni Colonnade Hotel, 180 Aragon Ave. in Coral Gables. A reception precedes the event at 6:30 p.m. The dinner starts at 7:30 and the award presentation immediately after. The keynote speaker will be Mark Potter, a correspondent for CNN. Tickets are $10 for Communication students and $20 for all others. For more info, call 305-284-2265.

May 5

Rufus Wainwright performs live at Billboard Live, 15th Street and Ocean Drive, Miami Beach. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. and tickets are $20. For more info, call 305-358-5885.

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

It’s a rule Miami Hurricanes freshman defensive tackle Nesta Silvera knew about already. But in no w ...

A quick update from University of Miami football practice No. 8, two days after the first fall scrim ...

That dangerous University of Miami defense that dominated last season? Still dominating — the first- ...

Please don’t call DeeJay Dallas a running back. On second thought, you can call him a running back, ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...