Entertainment News

Tonight

94.9 ZETA FM’s Bonzai! Festival featuring Gravity Kills, Kid Rock, Puddle of Mudd, Sevendust, Rob Zombie, and Fu Manchu at Bicentennial Park, 1075 Biscayne Blvd. Show starts at 2 p.m. and tickets are $25. For more info, call 305-358-5885.

Face to Face performs live at Ovation, 3637 S. Federal Hwy. Show starts at 6 p.m. and tickets are $15. For more info, call 561-966-3309.

Lose the Rookie performs live at Revolver, 5922 S. Dixie Hwy. Show starts at 11 p.m. and tickets are $6.

The Exit and The Stryder perform live at Churchill’s Pub, 5501 N.E. 2nd Ave. Show starts at 10 p.m. and cover is $8.

Saturday

Dear Starlet and Fashionista perform live at Poptopia in the Billabong Pub, 3000 Country Club Lane, one block west of I-95 and Hallandale Beach Blvd. Show starts at 9 p.m. For more info, call 954-985-1050 or visit www.whirlawaymusic.com.

Molson Chiller Beer Party with the Crystal Method at South Beach, 11 Street and Ocean Drive. Show is for 21 and over and starts at 1 p.m. Tickets are $20. For more info, call 305-358-5885.

Sunday

52nd School of Communication Awards Banquet at the Omni Colonnade Hotel, 180 Aragon Ave. in Coral Gables. A reception precedes the event at 6:30 p.m. The dinner starts at 7:30 and the award presentation immediately after. The keynote speaker will be Mark Potter, a correspondent for CNN. Tickets are $10 for Communication students and $20 for all others. For more info, call 305-284-2265.

May 5

Rufus Wainwright performs live at Billboard Live, 15th Street and Ocean Drive, Miami Beach. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. and tickets are $20. For more info, call 305-358-5885.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...