Culture

Entertainment News

Tonight

Concrete Blonde performs live at Billboardlive, 15th Street and Ocean Drive, Miami Beach. Show starts at 8 p.m. and tickets are $22. For more info, call 305-358-5885.

April 23

String Cheese Incident performs at Pompano Beach Amphitheater, rain or shine. Show starts at 7 p.m. and tickets are $28.50. For more info, call 954-523-3309.

April 26

Face to Face performing live at Ovation, 3637 S. Federal Highway. Show starts at 6 p.m. and tickets are $15. For more info, call 561-966-3309.

94.9 ZETA FM’s Bonzai Festival featuring Gravity Kills, Kid Rock, Puddle of Mudd, Sevendust, Rob Zombie, and Fu Manchu at Bicentennial Park, 1075 Biscayne Blvd. Show starts at 2 p.m. and tickets are $25. For more info, call 305-358-5885.

A Tribute to the Cure hosted by Corey Feldman, with Nasty Shahoulian and the Gimmix and seven other local bands at Hard Rock Caf

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...