Culture

A fresh breath

You’ve gotta love Coconut Grove on Thursday nights. Gallons of cheap beer, impressionable college girls and scores of fake IDs- South Florida college debauchery at its best. The problem is, I can’t help but feel the like I’m getting kinda tired of seeing the same drunken frat boys guzzling their Bud Lights, the giggly blondes stumbling around, and I swear to God, although I love the song, you can only hear Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Free Bird so many times in one night.

Whilst sipping a Guinness at Mr. Moe’s the other night, I surveyed my surroundings and realized that the repetition is killing me. Some of us welcome change.

Enter Oyxgen. Billed as a South Beach club in the Grove, Oxygen welcomes more of an older, more sophisticated crowd. Located in the Streets of Mayfair, where the Chili Pepper once was, Oxygen follows in the footsteps of the late Kiss Caf

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...