Entertainment News

Film news…Changing Lanes, starring Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Affleck, toppled all other films this weekend, collecting $17.6 million.

Actress Nona Gaye, daughter of the late soul crooner Marvin Gaye and last seen in Ali, has been cast as the character “Zee” in the next two Matrix films, The Matrix: Reloaded and The Matrix: Revolutions. The role was originally given to the late R&B singer Aaliyah, who died in a plane crash last summer.

In related news, artist Paul Oakenfold has finished three songs specifically for Reloaded, and may possibly contribute more. Warner Brothers has purchased the movie rights for a live action version of the highly acclaimed anime film Akira, which will be based on a script by Stephen Norrington, the director of Blade. Rapper Coolio, known for his eternally lame hairstyle, will have an unspecified part in the upcoming Daredevil, which stars Ben Affleck.

In music news…Kid Rock and Pamela Anderson are engaged. Celine Dion and Marc Anthony will perform at the Billboard Latin Music Awards on May 9 in Miami. The Hives are reported to be in the middle of negotiating a deal with Warner Brothers. In the meantime the label plans to re-release their 2000 album Veni Vidi Vicious sometime this year. In June, Motorola will release a customized Nelly cell phone complete with “Nelly-based games and ring tones.” No joke. Nelly’s new subtly titled album, Nellyville, backed by the predictably “hot” single Hot in Herre, drops on June 25. Feuding rappers Nas and Jay-Z will make separate guest appearances on Scarface’s new album, The Fix, which hits stores on July 2.

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

It’s a rule Miami Hurricanes freshman defensive tackle Nesta Silvera knew about already. But in no w ...

A quick update from University of Miami football practice No. 8, two days after the first fall scrim ...

That dangerous University of Miami defense that dominated last season? Still dominating — the first- ...

Please don’t call DeeJay Dallas a running back. On second thought, you can call him a running back, ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...