Entertainment News

All Weekend

The Beyond 2002 Super Festival featuring Outkast, Stone Temple Pilots, Busta Rhymes, Method Man, Less Than Jack, Rabbit in the Moon plus a skate exhibition with Tony Hawk at Bicentennial Park. The festival will also feature professionals in BMX, Moto-X, snowboarding, and paintball. Doors open each day at 12 p.m. and will close at 1 a.m. Tickets are $45 a day or $99 for a three-day pass. For more info and each day’s lineup visit www.shutdownproduction.com.

Tonight

The Remedies and Future Ex perform live at Revolution, 5922 S. Dixie Hwy. Also at Revolver, a CD release party for the new Jon Spencer Blues Explosion album Plastic Fangs.
For more info call 305-661-9099.

The Bouncing Souls, Hot Water Music, The Pietasters and The Curse at Club Ovation, 3637 S. Federal Hwy., Boynton Beach. Doors open at 6 p.m. and tickets are $12. For more info call 561-740-7076.

April 13

Ska legends The Toasters performing live with Corky and Bum Ruckus at Freez, 909 E. Cypress Creek Rd., Fort Lauderdale. Doors open at 7:30 and tickets are $10. For info call 954-771-3008.

April 14

Leftover Crack rocks the 40oz at Freez, 909 E. Cypress Creek Rd., Fort Lauderdale. Doors open at 7 p.m. and tickets are $7. For more info call 954-771-3008 or visit www.leftovercrack.com.

Platinum Party for Busta Rhymes, with the rapper performing at Level, 1235 Washington Ave., Miami Beach. Doors open at 10 p.m. For more info visit www.levelnightclub.com.

Sunday Indie BBQ with live performances by the Owls, Need New Body and Secret Service at Revolver, 5922 S. Dixie Hwy. Doors open at 8 p.m. and there will be $1 drafts all night. For more info call 305-661-9099.

April 17

Dashboard Confessional, The Anniversary, Ben Kweller and the Remedy Session at Club Ovation, 3637 S. Federal Hwy., Boynton Beach. Doors open at 6 p.m. and tickets are $12. For more info call 561-740-7076.

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

It’s a rule Miami Hurricanes freshman defensive tackle Nesta Silvera knew about already. But in no w ...

A quick update from University of Miami football practice No. 8, two days after the first fall scrim ...

That dangerous University of Miami defense that dominated last season? Still dominating — the first- ...

Please don’t call DeeJay Dallas a running back. On second thought, you can call him a running back, ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...