Sports Briefs

TRACK AND FIELD

University of Miami senior Gus Martin finished 10th in the 110-meter hurdles with a time of 14.28 at the 75th Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays in Austin, TX. In the pole vault competition, UM senior Aaron Moser finished sixth with a leap of 5.10 meters (16-08.75) while junior Jabari Ennis took ninth with a vault of 4.95 meters (16-02.75). On the women’s side, University of Miami All-American Kareen Clarke finished second in the triple jump with an NCAA provisional qualifying mark of 13.28 meters (43-07.25). The 4×200-meter relay finished fifth in a time of 1:37.76, while the 4×100-meter relay took seventh with a time of 45.50. The 4×400-meter relay finished eighth with a time of 3:44.02. Miami returns to action on Saturday, April 13 when it hosts the 16th Annual Miami Gatorade Track and Field Classic at Cobb Stadium for Soccer, Track and Field in Coral Gables, FL.

WOMEN’S TENNIS

The No. 27-ranked Miami women’s tennis team fell, 4-3, to No. 66 Michigan in a close match Friday afternoon in Ann Arbor, Mich. Miami falls to 11-5 overall while Michigan improves to 8-8 on the season.
The Wolverines won the doubles point with wins at No. 2 and No. 3 doubles. Marcy Hora and Mari Toro beat Michelle DaCosta and Leanne Rutherford, 9-8 (3) at No. 1 doubles to avoid the sweep. Toro defeated Kavitha Tipirneni, 3-6, 7-6 (3), 6-2, at the No.1 spot, while Staci Stevens beat Chrissie Nolan, 6-4, 6-1, at No. 3 singles. Sara Robbins was the other singles winner for UM, beating Kim Plaushines, 6-4, 6-4, at the No. 6 spot. Sihem Bennacer and Ewelina Skaza both fell in three hard fought sets at No. 4 and No. 5 singles. The Hurricanes play No. 23 Notre Dame Sunday at Noon in South Bend, Indiana

WOMEN’S GOLF

University of Miami sophomore Camilla Hilland recorded her second consecutive 2-under-par 70 on Saturday and shot a 79 on Sunday to win the Ryder/Florida Women’s Collegiate Golf Championship by one stroke with a score of 219. Hilland, who has recorded five top-10’s in eight events this season, is the first Hurricane since Tracy Kerdyk in 1988 to win the state championship. Florida State’s Kristin Tamulis of FSU (71-75-74-220) finished in second place. Florida State (293-300-307-900) won the team competition by eleven strokes over defending champion Florida (305-294-312-911). Miami (311-301-318-930) finished in fourth place.

So what’s UM getting with this recruiting class, among players already committed, most or all of who ...

On the eve of the early signing period, the new University of Miami defensive coordinators met the m ...

The early signing period is finally here and the Miami Hurricanes’ class is, at least for now, disap ...

Photo Gallery: UM football availabiilty | Tuesday, December 18, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Zach McCloud said he never doubted whether he would return to the Miami Hurricanes for his senior se ...

Feelings of depression and anxiety rise during the holidays, but there’s plenty you can do to keep u ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

Things have changed in Coral Gables since the end of the regular season, but there will be a familia ...

Canes and Houston Baptist play at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24/23 Miami women's basketball team will begin play at the Florida Sunshine Classic in ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Miami women's basketball team is ranked in the top 25 of both major national polls this wee ...