Sports Briefs

TRACK AND FIELD

University of Miami senior Gus Martin finished 10th in the 110-meter hurdles with a time of 14.28 at the 75th Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays in Austin, TX. In the pole vault competition, UM senior Aaron Moser finished sixth with a leap of 5.10 meters (16-08.75) while junior Jabari Ennis took ninth with a vault of 4.95 meters (16-02.75). On the women’s side, University of Miami All-American Kareen Clarke finished second in the triple jump with an NCAA provisional qualifying mark of 13.28 meters (43-07.25). The 4×200-meter relay finished fifth in a time of 1:37.76, while the 4×100-meter relay took seventh with a time of 45.50. The 4×400-meter relay finished eighth with a time of 3:44.02. Miami returns to action on Saturday, April 13 when it hosts the 16th Annual Miami Gatorade Track and Field Classic at Cobb Stadium for Soccer, Track and Field in Coral Gables, FL.

WOMEN’S TENNIS

The No. 27-ranked Miami women’s tennis team fell, 4-3, to No. 66 Michigan in a close match Friday afternoon in Ann Arbor, Mich. Miami falls to 11-5 overall while Michigan improves to 8-8 on the season.
The Wolverines won the doubles point with wins at No. 2 and No. 3 doubles. Marcy Hora and Mari Toro beat Michelle DaCosta and Leanne Rutherford, 9-8 (3) at No. 1 doubles to avoid the sweep. Toro defeated Kavitha Tipirneni, 3-6, 7-6 (3), 6-2, at the No.1 spot, while Staci Stevens beat Chrissie Nolan, 6-4, 6-1, at No. 3 singles. Sara Robbins was the other singles winner for UM, beating Kim Plaushines, 6-4, 6-4, at the No. 6 spot. Sihem Bennacer and Ewelina Skaza both fell in three hard fought sets at No. 4 and No. 5 singles. The Hurricanes play No. 23 Notre Dame Sunday at Noon in South Bend, Indiana

WOMEN’S GOLF

University of Miami sophomore Camilla Hilland recorded her second consecutive 2-under-par 70 on Saturday and shot a 79 on Sunday to win the Ryder/Florida Women’s Collegiate Golf Championship by one stroke with a score of 219. Hilland, who has recorded five top-10’s in eight events this season, is the first Hurricane since Tracy Kerdyk in 1988 to win the state championship. Florida State’s Kristin Tamulis of FSU (71-75-74-220) finished in second place. Florida State (293-300-307-900) won the team competition by eleven strokes over defending champion Florida (305-294-312-911). Miami (311-301-318-930) finished in fourth place.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

On a historic afternoon for redshirt senior goalkeeper Phallon Tullis-Joyce, the University of Miami ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The Miami women's tennis team wrapped up competition Sunday at the ITA Southeast Regional Champ ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...