‘Elements Spring Breakdown’ moves UM

University hip-hop fans were treated to a weekend of emcee battles, disc jockey competitions, and a session of insider advice at “Elements Spring Breakdown” last Friday and Saturday. The cultural event, the first hosted by University of Miami’s Hip-Hop Club, celebrated the roots of the music genre with a list of guests that included Eminem’s former manager, local and national disc jockeys and break dancers.

The free, two-day event was held at the UNIVERSITY CENTER and was open to the public.

Lenny Kagan, a rapper who co-founded the Hip-Hop Club and is a UM alumnus, oversaw the event, which started at 6:30 p.m. with an open floor for break dancing in the breezeway of the University Center.

An open mike for freestyle poetry and spoken word was also part of the music fest.

Later on, a panel of guest speakers, including Mark Kemp, Eminem’s former manager, gathered at the Storm Surge Caf

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

It’s impossible for the Miami Hurricanes to ignore all the negative feedback which comes along with ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers’ win against the Virginia Tech Hokies was, for all intents and purposes, alr ...

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

The Canes know the importance a win over Virginia Tech on Saturday can have heading into the final w ...

The University of Miami women's golf team announced Thursday that international amateur standou ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

Tournament runs Nov. 21-24, 2019, in Charleston, S.C. ...