Sports Briefs

WOMEN’S TENNIS

The No. 26-ranked Miami women’s tennis team remains undefeated at home beating visiting Central Florida, 6-1, Sunday afternoon at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center. The Hurricanes improve to 11-4 overall and 8-0 at home, while the Golden Knights fall to 7-9 overall. UM swept the doubles point winning all three doubles matches. The Hurricanes went on to win five-of-six singles matches.
Senior Marcy Hora won her final home match of the season at the No. 3 spot. Hora beat Marieke Gunawan, 6-0, 6-0. Mari Toro improves to 20-9 overall with a, 6-2, 6-0, win over Emmanuelle Sauze at No. 1 singles.
Staci Stevens beat Anna Westin, 6-0, 6-4, at the No. 2 spot, while Ewelina Skaza improved to 11-4 overall with a, 4-6, 6-1, 10-8, win over Kristina Lohmos at No. 5 singles. Sara Robbins rounded out the lineup with a win over Amira Samara, 7-5, 6-0, at No. 6. The Hurricanes return to action travelling to face No. 58 Michigan Friday at 1:30 p.m.

MEN’S AND WOMEN’S TRACK & FIELD

Miami senior Jeff Gaulrapp and junior Dan Boniface qualified for the Big East Championships in the 3,000-meter steeplechase, and Matt Mulvaney qualified for the Big East Championships in 10,000-meters at the Raleigh Relays in Raleigh, NC. Gaulrapp finished fifth in the steeplechase with a time of 9:10 while Boniface, the school-record holder in the event, took 17th with a time of 9:29. Mulvaney recorded a Big East qualifying time of 31:39 in 10,000-meter run. The University of Miami women’s 4×400-meter relay finished second with an NCAA provisional qualifying time of 3:34.21 Saturday at the Florida Relays, while senior Jennifer Geroux and junior Melissa Norris qualified for the Big East Championships in the 10,000-meters at the Raleigh Relays in Raleigh, NC. Miami returns to action April 4-6 at the Texas Relays in Austin, TX.

CANESFEST

Saturday marks the first time fans can see the 2002 Miami Hurricanes as they participate in a scrimmage at the Orange Bowl, part of CanesFest 2002. The fun begins at 8:00 a.m., when gates open. At that time, Select-A-Seat also begins and Hurricane Locker Room and Touchdown Alley both open. Head Coach Larry Coker will participate in a 9:30 a.m. question and answer session in the Athletic Club. The scrimmage begins at 10:00 a.m., and immediately following the game, there will be a 30-minute autograph session with players and coaches.

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is on the verge of losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses ...

The postseason acknowledgments continue to roll in for Gerald Willis. The Miami Hurricanes defensive ...

It is recruiting season in college football, and the Miami Hurricanes have one particular commitment ...

The early signing period is right around the corner and the Miami Hurricanes have plenty of work to ...

UM public relations students unveiled their plans to reposition March for Our Lives to attract colle ...

The answer to that question may impact what happens to the European Union. ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...