Gatsby’s offers alternative to Miami clubs

While Miami offers a wide array of places to party, from a simple beer bar like the Tavern to the morning-after dance-party of Club Space, every now and then the more mature drinker finds the need to escape the crowd of fake IDs and deafening music and share a full bar only with friends.

This is not about an $800 bottle of vodka at special VIP tables that clubs offer. (Besides, many VIP areas are still drenched in loud music and cramp spaces.) Nor is it about spending just as much at a liquor store and recreating your own dorm-room-bar. This is about Gatsby’s, one of Miami’s few remaining hangouts classy enough to take even your most sophisticated out-of-town guests to, yet hip enough to satisfy even your more inattentive friends.

The reason is simple: While most popular clubs strive to be louder and flashier than each other, Gatsby’s strives to cater to your specific needs. They have over 40 selections of wines by the glass and two full-liquor bars, 60 assorted beers and microbeers (20 on draft), seven giant television screens, 13 regulation size Brunswick pool tables, private party rooms, “The Fitzgerald Room” (a cigar and martini lounge), as well as an eclectic menu featuring tapas, gourmet thin crust pizzas, specialty sandwiches and signature salads. If these don’t meet your fancy, try Gatsby’s nightly specials.

During its week-long happy hours, from 4 to 7 p.m., one can enjoy half- priced premium cocktails, draft beer and wine as well as half-priced pool tables and $4 gourmet pizzas. On Monday, Gatsby’s offers $0.25 cent clams and oysters. Tuesday is Gatsby’s draft party (4-11 p.m.), which includes half priced draft beer and all major sporting events on their seven giant televisions.

During Wednesday’s “Ladies’ Night” (7 p.m.-12 a.m.): Free pool and half priced drinks for all women. From 4 to 11p.m. on Thursdays, Gatsby’s offers half prices on their selection of 20 oversized martinis.

Naturally, you won’t be paying with spare change at Gatsby’s. It’s not cheapest ticket to getting hammered on the weekends- so if you’re the thrifty spender, you might want to capitalize on their daily specials. But if you’re looking for a classier atmosphere full of good food, great pool tables, a superb bar, and the most attentive staff, then Gatsby’s is worth trying.

Furthermore, if you’re the regular South Beach club-hopper tired of spending a few $100 on a bottle of liquor, parking, and a long drive to the beach, then Gatsby’s is definitely worth the try. You’ll save a lot on drinks, won’t have to wait in line to get them, won’t have to worry about parking, and won’t have to worry about losing any of your friends in the frenzy of a flashy night club scene.

Gatsby’s is located at 8575 S.W. 124th Ave. For more information, call 305-412-2220 or visit their website at www.gatsbysfl.com. Must be at least 21 to enter.

Anthony Solomon will head north for his college football career. The St. Thomas Aquinas linebacker a ...

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team turned in another stellar defensive performance Sun ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...