Gatsby’s offers alternative to Miami clubs

While Miami offers a wide array of places to party, from a simple beer bar like the Tavern to the morning-after dance-party of Club Space, every now and then the more mature drinker finds the need to escape the crowd of fake IDs and deafening music and share a full bar only with friends.

This is not about an $800 bottle of vodka at special VIP tables that clubs offer. (Besides, many VIP areas are still drenched in loud music and cramp spaces.) Nor is it about spending just as much at a liquor store and recreating your own dorm-room-bar. This is about Gatsby’s, one of Miami’s few remaining hangouts classy enough to take even your most sophisticated out-of-town guests to, yet hip enough to satisfy even your more inattentive friends.

The reason is simple: While most popular clubs strive to be louder and flashier than each other, Gatsby’s strives to cater to your specific needs. They have over 40 selections of wines by the glass and two full-liquor bars, 60 assorted beers and microbeers (20 on draft), seven giant television screens, 13 regulation size Brunswick pool tables, private party rooms, “The Fitzgerald Room” (a cigar and martini lounge), as well as an eclectic menu featuring tapas, gourmet thin crust pizzas, specialty sandwiches and signature salads. If these don’t meet your fancy, try Gatsby’s nightly specials.

During its week-long happy hours, from 4 to 7 p.m., one can enjoy half- priced premium cocktails, draft beer and wine as well as half-priced pool tables and $4 gourmet pizzas. On Monday, Gatsby’s offers $0.25 cent clams and oysters. Tuesday is Gatsby’s draft party (4-11 p.m.), which includes half priced draft beer and all major sporting events on their seven giant televisions.

During Wednesday’s “Ladies’ Night” (7 p.m.-12 a.m.): Free pool and half priced drinks for all women. From 4 to 11p.m. on Thursdays, Gatsby’s offers half prices on their selection of 20 oversized martinis.

Naturally, you won’t be paying with spare change at Gatsby’s. It’s not cheapest ticket to getting hammered on the weekends- so if you’re the thrifty spender, you might want to capitalize on their daily specials. But if you’re looking for a classier atmosphere full of good food, great pool tables, a superb bar, and the most attentive staff, then Gatsby’s is worth trying.

Furthermore, if you’re the regular South Beach club-hopper tired of spending a few $100 on a bottle of liquor, parking, and a long drive to the beach, then Gatsby’s is definitely worth the try. You’ll save a lot on drinks, won’t have to wait in line to get them, won’t have to worry about parking, and won’t have to worry about losing any of your friends in the frenzy of a flashy night club scene.

Gatsby’s is located at 8575 S.W. 124th Ave. For more information, call 305-412-2220 or visit their website at www.gatsbysfl.com. Must be at least 21 to enter.

One of the reasons Manny Diaz overhauled his recruiting department when he took over as UM’s coach i ...

Connor McLaughlin never gave much thought to the Miami Hurricanes when he was younger. Even though h ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

Academics met at the University of Miami to plan the next phase of a study looking at how journalist ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

Six members of the Miami track and field team earned a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships i ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team secured her spot in the NCAA ...

It took extra innings, but the Canes dropped their final game of pool play at the 2019 ACC Baseball ...

The Student-Athlete Development department has grown in size and scope and become an integral part o ...

For the second-straight season, Kevin Arreaga of the Miami track and field team secured a spot at na ...