Culture

Entertainment News

Today & Tomorrow

1st Annual University of Miami “Elements of Spring Breakdown” featuring live performances by Afu Ra, DJ G Brown, DJ Epps and various MC and DJ battles on the University Patio. Friday’s show is from 6:30-11 p.m. and Saturday’s is from 1:30-11 p.m. Admission is free for all ages. For more info call 305-284-2211.

Tonight

A “Tribute to the Cure” featuring live performances by Nasty Shahoulian and the Gimmix and seven other local bands at the Hard Rock Caf

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...