Fashion show seeks models

Haven’t quite found your claim to fame in Miami’s fashion mecca yet? Well, here’s your chance.

From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. this Friday, representatives from several modeling agencies, including Ford Models Inc., will be on the UC patio conducting a small-scale model search. The 25 male and 25 female UM students chosen to strut their stuff will be the first ever for the Source Fashion Nation College Tour show presented by VISA and hosted by Hurricane Productions.

According to Graham Micone of Hurricane Productions, potential models must first come by during the day to have their picture taken and to fill out an application to be selected for the fashion show that takes place in the evening.

What does it take to become a Source Fashion Show model?

“[Models] are going to be selected on their attitude, their style, how they look, how they can walk and how they photograph,” Micone said.

The students selected will model designer fashions.

“[The clothes] are all from all over the world-Sean Jean, Pepe Jeans, Adidas-it’s a big tour,” Micone said, “[Designers] are going from city to city with all these different kinds of clothes from their clothing lines and letting the models wear them.”

Models will also be considered for an upcoming fashion layout appearing in The Source and a one-year contract with Ford Models.

And for those not interested in modeling, the show promises everything one would expect from The Source and VISA – great music and loads of free stuff.

Headlining the night’s performance will be recording artists Tha Liks, formerly known as Tha Alkaholiks.

The West Coast group, comprised of E-Swift, Tash, and J-Ro, is expected to perform songs from their four previously released albums, including their latest, X.O. Experience, which was released in 2001.

Daytime entertainment will be provided by DJ Aspekt from the UM Hip Hop Club.

DJ Don P, from WEDR-99.1 FM, Miami’s 99 Jamz, will be spinning from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. during the hour before the fashion show gets under way.

Doors open for the show at 7:30 p.m. The fashion show starts at 8:30p.m., immediately followed by Tha Liks performing around 9 p.m.

This event, like all Hurricane Production events, is free to students. Guests pay $10.

So what do UM Board of Trustee members think of what’s going on with the football program? Conversat ...

The University of Miami has dismissed wide receiver Jeff Thomas — widely recognized as the most gift ...

University of Miami sophomore receiver Jeff Thomas, widely considered the team’s most gifted player ...

Khris Bogle isn’t shy about his enthusiasm for the Alabama Crimson Tide after a recent visit to Tusc ...

Finally, the Eye on the U podcast comes to your ears after a Miami Hurricanes win. Miami went on the ...

Throughout campus, students expressed gratitude that they can be at UM and visit family during the T ...

Vector-borne specialist John Beier tells us what we should know about the illness. ...

Erin Kobetz, director of Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Firefighter Cancer Initiative, disc ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

Jaquan Johnson, Michael Jackson and Sheldrick Redwine have forged an unbreakable bond at Miami and a ...

Canes and Explorers kick off tournament Thursday at 2:30 p.m. ET/11:30 a.m. PT. ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team is set to host its annual Miami Thanksgiving Classi ...

The Miami women's basketball team jumped two spots to No. 22 nationally in the first in-season ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...