Fashion show seeks models

Haven’t quite found your claim to fame in Miami’s fashion mecca yet? Well, here’s your chance.

From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. this Friday, representatives from several modeling agencies, including Ford Models Inc., will be on the UC patio conducting a small-scale model search. The 25 male and 25 female UM students chosen to strut their stuff will be the first ever for the Source Fashion Nation College Tour show presented by VISA and hosted by Hurricane Productions.

According to Graham Micone of Hurricane Productions, potential models must first come by during the day to have their picture taken and to fill out an application to be selected for the fashion show that takes place in the evening.

What does it take to become a Source Fashion Show model?

“[Models] are going to be selected on their attitude, their style, how they look, how they can walk and how they photograph,” Micone said.

The students selected will model designer fashions.

“[The clothes] are all from all over the world-Sean Jean, Pepe Jeans, Adidas-it’s a big tour,” Micone said, “[Designers] are going from city to city with all these different kinds of clothes from their clothing lines and letting the models wear them.”

Models will also be considered for an upcoming fashion layout appearing in The Source and a one-year contract with Ford Models.

And for those not interested in modeling, the show promises everything one would expect from The Source and VISA – great music and loads of free stuff.

Headlining the night’s performance will be recording artists Tha Liks, formerly known as Tha Alkaholiks.

The West Coast group, comprised of E-Swift, Tash, and J-Ro, is expected to perform songs from their four previously released albums, including their latest, X.O. Experience, which was released in 2001.

Daytime entertainment will be provided by DJ Aspekt from the UM Hip Hop Club.

DJ Don P, from WEDR-99.1 FM, Miami’s 99 Jamz, will be spinning from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. during the hour before the fashion show gets under way.

Doors open for the show at 7:30 p.m. The fashion show starts at 8:30p.m., immediately followed by Tha Liks performing around 9 p.m.

This event, like all Hurricane Production events, is free to students. Guests pay $10.

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 3-0 on the season following a 6-1 triumph ...