Fashion show seeks models

Haven’t quite found your claim to fame in Miami’s fashion mecca yet? Well, here’s your chance.

From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. this Friday, representatives from several modeling agencies, including Ford Models Inc., will be on the UC patio conducting a small-scale model search. The 25 male and 25 female UM students chosen to strut their stuff will be the first ever for the Source Fashion Nation College Tour show presented by VISA and hosted by Hurricane Productions.

According to Graham Micone of Hurricane Productions, potential models must first come by during the day to have their picture taken and to fill out an application to be selected for the fashion show that takes place in the evening.

What does it take to become a Source Fashion Show model?

“[Models] are going to be selected on their attitude, their style, how they look, how they can walk and how they photograph,” Micone said.

The students selected will model designer fashions.

“[The clothes] are all from all over the world-Sean Jean, Pepe Jeans, Adidas-it’s a big tour,” Micone said, “[Designers] are going from city to city with all these different kinds of clothes from their clothing lines and letting the models wear them.”

Models will also be considered for an upcoming fashion layout appearing in The Source and a one-year contract with Ford Models.

And for those not interested in modeling, the show promises everything one would expect from The Source and VISA – great music and loads of free stuff.

Headlining the night’s performance will be recording artists Tha Liks, formerly known as Tha Alkaholiks.

The West Coast group, comprised of E-Swift, Tash, and J-Ro, is expected to perform songs from their four previously released albums, including their latest, X.O. Experience, which was released in 2001.

Daytime entertainment will be provided by DJ Aspekt from the UM Hip Hop Club.

DJ Don P, from WEDR-99.1 FM, Miami’s 99 Jamz, will be spinning from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. during the hour before the fashion show gets under way.

Doors open for the show at 7:30 p.m. The fashion show starts at 8:30p.m., immediately followed by Tha Liks performing around 9 p.m.

This event, like all Hurricane Production events, is free to students. Guests pay $10.

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...