Fashion show seeks models

Haven’t quite found your claim to fame in Miami’s fashion mecca yet? Well, here’s your chance.

From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. this Friday, representatives from several modeling agencies, including Ford Models Inc., will be on the UC patio conducting a small-scale model search. The 25 male and 25 female UM students chosen to strut their stuff will be the first ever for the Source Fashion Nation College Tour show presented by VISA and hosted by Hurricane Productions.

According to Graham Micone of Hurricane Productions, potential models must first come by during the day to have their picture taken and to fill out an application to be selected for the fashion show that takes place in the evening.

What does it take to become a Source Fashion Show model?

“[Models] are going to be selected on their attitude, their style, how they look, how they can walk and how they photograph,” Micone said.

The students selected will model designer fashions.

“[The clothes] are all from all over the world-Sean Jean, Pepe Jeans, Adidas-it’s a big tour,” Micone said, “[Designers] are going from city to city with all these different kinds of clothes from their clothing lines and letting the models wear them.”

Models will also be considered for an upcoming fashion layout appearing in The Source and a one-year contract with Ford Models.

And for those not interested in modeling, the show promises everything one would expect from The Source and VISA – great music and loads of free stuff.

Headlining the night’s performance will be recording artists Tha Liks, formerly known as Tha Alkaholiks.

The West Coast group, comprised of E-Swift, Tash, and J-Ro, is expected to perform songs from their four previously released albums, including their latest, X.O. Experience, which was released in 2001.

Daytime entertainment will be provided by DJ Aspekt from the UM Hip Hop Club.

DJ Don P, from WEDR-99.1 FM, Miami’s 99 Jamz, will be spinning from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. during the hour before the fashion show gets under way.

Doors open for the show at 7:30 p.m. The fashion show starts at 8:30p.m., immediately followed by Tha Liks performing around 9 p.m.

This event, like all Hurricane Production events, is free to students. Guests pay $10.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Two highly skilled receivers who ended last season frust ...

Whenever quarterback Tate Martell hurls a football to University of Miami slot receiver Mike Harley, ...

Manny Diaz is the dealer. The pusher. He is good at this. Really good. And what he is selling, we ar ...

Finally, Tate Martell knows what 2019 will hold and it’s good news for the Miami Hurricanes. After m ...

Day Two of spring practice began at about 9 a.m. or thereafter on Wednesday at the Carol Soffer Indo ...

More than 40 University of Miami students spent last week in a half dozen U.S. communities learning ...

Students from UM, FIU, and FAU will have their graduate dissertations and projects reviewed by peers ...

Watch a video about the Annual Senior Showcase involving students in the Theatre Arts Program. ...

Become one in a million. Join the All of Us research program. ...

With Florida lifting the ban on smokable medical marijuana, the nursing school’s Denise Vidot answer ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team opens NCAA Tournament play on its home court fo ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that the National Collegiate Athletic Ass ...

Miami's Hurricane Club announced the launch of The New Miami Fund Wednesday. ...

Bastias took the time to reflect on his chemistry with fellow classmate Franco Aubone, his transitio ...

The University of Miami's Raheem Chambers was named the ACC Men's Outdoor Track Performer ...