Entertainment News

Tonight

The Source Fashion Nation Tour with a special performance by Tha Liks on the University Patio. For more info call 305-284-6399.

Swivelsitck! at Revolver, 5922 S.Dixie Hwy. Doors open at 11 p.m. For more info call 305-661-9099.

Saturday

Funky locals Hash Brown and Miami bass night with DJ Le Spam in Room 2 at Poplife, 35 N.E. 40th St. in Miami Design District. Show starts at 11 p.m. and tickets are $7. Doors open to those 18 and over. For more info visit www.epoplife.com.

April 2

The Royal Tenebaums at the Bill Cosford Cinema at 8 and 10 p.m.

April 3

Comedian Carrot Top at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts Au Rene Theatre, 201 S.W. 5th Ave. in Fort Lauderdale. Show starts at 8 p.m. and tickets are $12-$39. For more info call 954-523-3309.

April 4

Bombshell Rocks and Homegrown at Millenium Nightclub, 4301 N. Federal Hwy., Pompano Beach. For more info call 954-788-2345.

April 5

The Pat Metheny Group at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts Au Rene Theatre, 201 S.W. 5th Ave., Fort Lauderdale. Show starts at 8 p.m. and tickets are $29-$59. For more info call 954-523-3309.

April 5-6

1st Annual University of Miami “Elements of Spring Breakdown” featuring live performances by Afu Ra, DJ G Brown, DJ Epps and various MC and DJ battles on the University Patio. Friday’s show is from 6:30-11 p.m. and Saturday’s is from 1:30-11 p.m. Admission is free for all ages. For more info call 305-284-2211.

April 6

Jagged Edge at Billboard Live, 15th St. and Ocean Dr. in Miami Beach. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. and tickets are $24. For more info visit www.billboardlive.com

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...