Culture

Entertainment News

Tonight

The Source Fashion Nation Tour with a special performance by Tha Liks on the University Patio. For more info call 305-284-6399.

Swivelsitck! at Revolver, 5922 S.Dixie Hwy. Doors open at 11 p.m. For more info call 305-661-9099.

Saturday

Funky locals Hash Brown and Miami bass night with DJ Le Spam in Room 2 at Poplife, 35 N.E. 40th St. in Miami Design District. Show starts at 11 p.m. and tickets are $7. Doors open to those 18 and over. For more info visit www.epoplife.com.

April 2

The Royal Tenebaums at the Bill Cosford Cinema at 8 and 10 p.m.

April 3

Comedian Carrot Top at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts Au Rene Theatre, 201 S.W. 5th Ave. in Fort Lauderdale. Show starts at 8 p.m. and tickets are $12-$39. For more info call 954-523-3309.

April 4

Bombshell Rocks and Homegrown at Millenium Nightclub, 4301 N. Federal Hwy., Pompano Beach. For more info call 954-788-2345.

April 5

The Pat Metheny Group at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts Au Rene Theatre, 201 S.W. 5th Ave., Fort Lauderdale. Show starts at 8 p.m. and tickets are $29-$59. For more info call 954-523-3309.

April 5-6

1st Annual University of Miami “Elements of Spring Breakdown” featuring live performances by Afu Ra, DJ G Brown, DJ Epps and various MC and DJ battles on the University Patio. Friday’s show is from 6:30-11 p.m. and Saturday’s is from 1:30-11 p.m. Admission is free for all ages. For more info call 305-284-2211.

April 6

Jagged Edge at Billboard Live, 15th St. and Ocean Dr. in Miami Beach. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. and tickets are $24. For more info visit www.billboardlive.com

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...