Starbucks Opens in South Miami

I am from Seattle.

There you go: immediate coffee connoisseur status.

So it only makes sense that I would be one of the first people through the doors to inspect the new two-story Starbucks on Sunset Drive, across from the Shops at Sunset Place.

After three years in making, Starbucks’ latest location is doubtless its best in Miami.

Here’s why.

Location

The location is always key when selecting a good coffee shop. The new Starbucks lies on Sunset Drive-a street busy enough to keep you interested in people-watching, if that’s your thing. But it doesn’t have cars ripping past you at 60 miles per hour.

“That’s the main drawback of the South Dixie Starbucks,” said Janet Kennard, an avid Starbucks customer. “Cars on U.S. 1 are flying past you, and they’re only like 10 feet away. It so loud.”

The South Dixie Starbucks is located across U.S. 1 from the main University of Miami entrance.

Also, located close to the Shops at Sunset Place, customers can enjoy the mall while sipping a vanilla latte or any other drink.

Atmosphere

I think it’s a basic principle of life: why have one of something, when you could have two instead? Well the new Starbucks proves this credo true once again, tacking on an extra floor to their newest location.

The bottom floor can accommodate 29 patrons inside and contains the coffee bar and the restrooms. As I walked in, the sunlight illuminated a nearly translucent mural that covers the large window behind the register, filling the room with an abundance of natural light.

The main floor also boasts, what I am dubbing, the best outdoor caf

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...