Starbucks Opens in South Miami

I am from Seattle.

There you go: immediate coffee connoisseur status.

So it only makes sense that I would be one of the first people through the doors to inspect the new two-story Starbucks on Sunset Drive, across from the Shops at Sunset Place.

After three years in making, Starbucks’ latest location is doubtless its best in Miami.

Here’s why.

Location

The location is always key when selecting a good coffee shop. The new Starbucks lies on Sunset Drive-a street busy enough to keep you interested in people-watching, if that’s your thing. But it doesn’t have cars ripping past you at 60 miles per hour.

“That’s the main drawback of the South Dixie Starbucks,” said Janet Kennard, an avid Starbucks customer. “Cars on U.S. 1 are flying past you, and they’re only like 10 feet away. It so loud.”

The South Dixie Starbucks is located across U.S. 1 from the main University of Miami entrance.

Also, located close to the Shops at Sunset Place, customers can enjoy the mall while sipping a vanilla latte or any other drink.

Atmosphere

I think it’s a basic principle of life: why have one of something, when you could have two instead? Well the new Starbucks proves this credo true once again, tacking on an extra floor to their newest location.

The bottom floor can accommodate 29 patrons inside and contains the coffee bar and the restrooms. As I walked in, the sunlight illuminated a nearly translucent mural that covers the large window behind the register, filling the room with an abundance of natural light.

The main floor also boasts, what I am dubbing, the best outdoor caf

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...