Starbucks Opens in South Miami

I am from Seattle.

There you go: immediate coffee connoisseur status.

So it only makes sense that I would be one of the first people through the doors to inspect the new two-story Starbucks on Sunset Drive, across from the Shops at Sunset Place.

After three years in making, Starbucks’ latest location is doubtless its best in Miami.

Here’s why.

Location

The location is always key when selecting a good coffee shop. The new Starbucks lies on Sunset Drive-a street busy enough to keep you interested in people-watching, if that’s your thing. But it doesn’t have cars ripping past you at 60 miles per hour.

“That’s the main drawback of the South Dixie Starbucks,” said Janet Kennard, an avid Starbucks customer. “Cars on U.S. 1 are flying past you, and they’re only like 10 feet away. It so loud.”

The South Dixie Starbucks is located across U.S. 1 from the main University of Miami entrance.

Also, located close to the Shops at Sunset Place, customers can enjoy the mall while sipping a vanilla latte or any other drink.

Atmosphere

I think it’s a basic principle of life: why have one of something, when you could have two instead? Well the new Starbucks proves this credo true once again, tacking on an extra floor to their newest location.

The bottom floor can accommodate 29 patrons inside and contains the coffee bar and the restrooms. As I walked in, the sunlight illuminated a nearly translucent mural that covers the large window behind the register, filling the room with an abundance of natural light.

The main floor also boasts, what I am dubbing, the best outdoor caf

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

There are few players across Florida whose recruitment has been harder to parse than Derick Hunter’s ...

While University of Miami fans are not exactly thrilled about their Hurricanes going against the Wis ...

There was a time John Dixon looked like he would have his choice of just about any college he wanted ...

Part 2 of a 3-part series Former Marlins president David Samson, now unshackled by any contractual r ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

A record number of gifts have been collected across UM campuses to benefit children and seniors in t ...

Former Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Barak, who previously served as minister of the interior and mi ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...

The University of Miami's redshirt senior setter Haley Templeton was named to the 2018 AVCA All ...