Jaui Schneider lives for beauty

When he plays the music-his fingers running smoothly through the keys and his face contorted by the emotion-the energetic vibe of the live tunes swings through the crowd and back inside his soul, letting him feel a moment of appeased sensation.

“Playing gigs and practicing at home helps me to get in touch with the great spirit of music,” he says, “and when I play live, physically, my hands are moving, but what I really feel is a sort of internal and external energy that slides through the crowd and myself.”

Jaui Schneider, a 53-year-old musician, plays piano at the Van Dyke Caf

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...